Chapter 24: Haunted

Misha

I couldn't handle it any longer, it's only been three hours and I haven't heard from Rune nor Vincent, and having to leave her alone tied up is pure torture.

I rushed down the basement and slam the door open causing her to jump, I knew she was going to put up a fight when I untie her but it was better than leaving her in the dark and starving to death.

I walk up to her chair and get on one knee taking out my blade from my back pocket, "Misha what are-" "Shush" I stated cutting the ropes on her legs.

I rip and toss the ropes behind me while I head toward her arms not even using the blade I just ripped them with my bare hands.

She slowly stood up and turned to look at me, Like I suspected she swings her arm in my direction but before she could I seized her fist and I glance down at her legs and catch it before it hits me in the groin.

She groans in anger and I drop her foot and grasp her waist, picking her up like a toddler and carrying her on my back, gripping her legs making sure she doesn't fall as she screams and shouts punching my back.

"Get me down you psycho!" She shouts while I make my way behind the bar where my truck was, I unlock the truck and toss her into the passenger seat, I had childproofed the door so she wouldn't even try opening the door.

I sat beside her while she swang her feet laying her head on the handle, "Woah relax!" I yell pushing her feet out of my way. "You kidnapped me you bitch!" I roll my eyes and gripped her feet.

She lets out a growl while I start the truck, "Be grateful I didn't let you rot in there" "Where you taking me now huh? To the woods and chimp my body into pieces" I roll my eyes and toss her feet off my side of the car.

So fucking dramatic.

Blair

He just kept fucking driving, I had no clue where he was taking me, but a part of me felt relieved he was taking me away, I did not want to go back to that mansion.

Misha might be lying about my father being a murderer but by his body language and eyes I know he wasn't, "This was your plan, you kidnap me take me away, and kill me!" I could see him roll his eyes.

I checked the time on his Bluetooth screen to see it was 1 a.m, the perfect time to murder a girl, "I'm not going to kill you, Blair," my stomach does a twist as he gives me a glance, I should be scared but I wasn't, all I wanted to know was why my father did it.

How many people did he kill, and why would he kill Misha's father and brother, I thought his brother moved, and his father had a stroke in his sleep.

Then all of it comes back to me, the day in the graveyard, I saw Misha staring down at a grave, was that his...brother?

I wanted to ask but I swallowed my sentence along with the copper taste from biting on my cheek.

But curiosity always gets the best of me, "Misha" He doesn't even glance at me or nod, he just narrowed his eyes and glared at the road, "Why didn't you tell me anything" My voice came out as a whisper.

His grip on the wheel tightened and his knuckles turned white, "And why would you kiss-kiss me?" I stuttered glaring at his perfectly fine jaw.

"I don't know" a pause, "and I don't know" I don't know to both my questions, "How did you do it? How didn't you lose control"

"My family was very manipulative" Why would he tell me that, "How do I know you aren't manipulating me right now" He finally turns to look at me.

Looks straight into my eyes but I break away, my heart pounding from my chest I bet he can hear it, "I'm not manipulating you Blair" I knew he wasn't lying, I don't know why but I knew he was telling the truth.

"Why did you let me go?"
"Do you normally ask these many questions when you get kidnaped?"
"First time" I sarcastically beam.

The corner of his lip lifted but quickly disappeared, "Vincent never came looking" My heart crashed into my stomach, "What?" I asked my mouth watering from the tears.

"I would expect him to come looking for you after he noticed the loud gunshots in his window" My eyes widen, "You shot my house?" I panic, "Calm down Blondie, Vivian did" I roll my eyes and scoff leaning against the seat.

"And I wasn't going to let you suffer much longer, I couldn't" he whispered the last part but I could hear it clear as day, "but that's weird Rune has been blowing up your phone but Vinny? Not even a text" 

He's doing this on purpose

"My father wouldn't-"
"A few hours ago you said your father wouldn't hurt a fly," he turns to look at me but this time I hold contact, I turn away and stare down at my lap.

My nails dug into my palm, "I'm sorry...Blondie" he muffled, I scoff as a tear slipped down my eyes.

He suddenly stopped the car and I noticed where we were, "Stop!" I shout realizing where in a dark-looking haunted house, "What?" "Please Misha I don't want to die" I panicked trying to open my door but it wouldn't budge.

I start panicking and my legs start shaking uncontrollably, he suddenly hoped out of the car slamming his door shut, and runs toward my side, "Blondie!" He shouts holding onto my hands as I shake and tears roll down my eyes once fucking again.

I couldn't breathe, and I couldn't stop crying, It felt like I was being suffocated by a pillow or even worse by the air.

"Blondie I'm not going to kill you!" He shouts rubbing my shoulder, he cups my face and lifts my head up to look him in the eyes, "Your okay, your okay, I'm not going to hurt you" He nods wiping the tears on my cheek with his thumbs.

I nod along as he held my hand leading me out of the car, "Come on"