Chapter 9: Mr. Forgettable

(Misha's song
Credit to: David Kushner)

Blair

I needed a walk, it was midnight and I needed to clear my head, I sneaked out while Lana and Misha fell asleep, since he said I wasn't careful and responsible I got my taser and pocket knife for protection.

So screw you, Misha!

Good thing Rune taught me how to protect myself since I was little, thank god nothing bad ever happened to me to give me a reason to use my epic moves, I walked down the street having my head down while wearing Rune's oversized sweater still.

It smelled like him, and I had no idea I would have missed him this much, he's only living in the city, yet it feels like he's on a different continent than me, Sniffling I was walking past a bar when I froze and overhear a beautiful angelic voice,  my heart skipped a beat as I glance through the mirrors.

My jaw dropped to the ground, no fucking way, I couldn't help but beam and quickly run inside the bar where people hovered over him, he sat in the bar holding a guitar having his eyes shut while a tear ran down his cheek.

People smiling and bobbing their heads to him singing, Misha fucking Larson, singing. I couldn't help my snort and smile as his beautiful voice sang out loud.

"Just pray I come around, around, Hello, hello are you lonely? I'm sorry it's just a chemical"
"Hello, hello do you know me, I'm called Mr. Forgettable, Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh
Mr. Forgettable"

He sang his heart out, I knew this song must have meant something since multiple tears ran down his cheek, his vocals were deep, and echoed through the silent bar, people cheering for him clapping and taking out their phones to record, it was like a free concert in here.

Yet...it felt empty, tho he was singing, his words were empty, I'd never heard this song before and I wondered...if he wrote it. He is such a good singer...and I had no clue.

"He's still here, right? You used to be my heart and now your just a memory. My head is in the clouds, right now, just pray I come around,"

His song unexpectedly made me emotional, pools of water formed in my eyes as I inhaled a deep breath and tried getting closer, it made me think of...Violet...my mom... how she's no longer here with us, how she decided to end everything instead of telling us what she had been going through, why didn't she tell us...

Why would she leave me?

 "Hello, Hello, are you lonely? I'm sorry it's just the chemical" Then suddenly everyone clapped as he opened his bloodshot eyes, and his eyes instantly darted toward mine, I was the first person he saw out of the crowd, not realizing I had been crying I ran my sleeve through my damped cheeks.

Misha

My heart sank, what the fuck is she doing here? no this can't be real, my head is actually in the goddamn clouds.

While everyone clapped and cheered for me she stood in the corner crying her eyes out as she kept eye contact with me, but before I could call her out and put my guitar down, she ran out of the door. I stood up from the bar and placed my guitar around my back running behind her.

"Blondie!" I shout running after her as she walks away, "I'm going home!" her voice breaks but she doesn't turn around she just keeps walking, I let out a sigh and run after her, I seize her wrist forcing her into my chest and without hesitation she wrapped her arms around my hips, she let out cries and I had no clue why, does she know? does she know the real reason I wrote this...song?

"I'm sorry" she cried, I wrapped one arm around her and leaned my chin on her head, "It's okay" I rubbed her back and just gave in wrapping both arms around her, I don't know why she was apologizing but I didn't ask I just...hugged her back.

We stayed like this which felt like forever, but then suddenly she said, "I should have been there, I'm so fucking sorry Mom, I should have been there" She lets out another cry, and this time a tear rolled down my eye landing on her scalp.

"I could have saved you, I could have stopped you from leaving" She cried again, her words hit me like a bomb, I could have stopped him, I could have stopped him from leaving, I could have saved him.

She was crying over her mother, I was crying over Malcom.

Two broken souls, trying to comfort each other, yet tomorrow we'll be back to being enemies.