Confrontation

A/N : CRIPPLED ANTECENDENTS PROLUGE OUT NOW ^•^

FREEN'S

I'm still in shock while standing in front of the person that I always wanted to see when I was still a little kid.

I always pray and wish to everyone that I can wish with like Santa Claus, fairies, and shooting stars to tell my father that me and mom need him, and if they can tell him that mom and I are having a hard time, but it was always disappointment after disappointment until I stopped and chose to work hard with mom instead.

It pains me to know that he is still around but busy ruining other people's lives while his own daughter is working at a very young age.

I took a deep breath and looked at him with his emotionless face and sophisticated aura.

"Dillard, what can I do for you?" It was Becky's father walking towards us with a very confused look.

"I'm taking my child with me." His cold voice gives me shivers. "Let's go, Sarocha." He looked at me, there was no warmth on his face, and I felt that there was a lump in my throat that I couldn't speak.

"It's okay if you don't want to go with him, Freen." It was Becky's dad. When I looked at him, there was a small smile on his lips, but it was very warm.

I felt a slight squeeze on my hand that made me look at Becky. She also has a smile on her face enough to tell me that she was here.

It was okay.

I took a deep breath, gathered myself, and looked at him.

"Is it okay if I talk to him privately?" I asked, looking at Becky's dad, and he gave me a smile and nod.

"Come on, princess," he said, offering his hand to Becky.

I looked at her, and she gave me a quick kiss on my cheek before whispering, "We'll be in the kitchen. Rio is right there. Just look at him if you feel uncomfortable. We'll get you right away, okay?" She said I playfully pinched her cheeks.

"Thank you," I said, smiling at her assuringly before she and her father walked away.

I cleared my throat and faced my father.

"Let's go," he said.

"I'm not going anywhere with you," I said, which made him frown.

"why?"

"I don't know you, why do you expect me to come with you right away?"

"I am your father, Sarocha." What he said made me raise my eyebrows.

"With all due respect, you may be my father, but you are a complete stranger to me. Don't try to use me the father card because what I need is not a father, I need a dad," I said with so much pain in my voice, looking straight into his eyes.

"I am your father, and I am your dad. What are you talking about?" he said with so much confusion that it made me chuckle.

"For me, you are my father, a person who's on my birth certificate, but you are not my dad, my mom is also my dad because a dad is the one who raised, care, and love his own child, and I'm one hundred percent sure that you weren't there when I was growing up." I can see that he was shocked and stunned by what I just said. I know to myself that it was painful to say, but it was the truth.

"I was there when you were growing up," he said with so much confidence.

"You're there, but you let me and mom work and suffer? you're there, but you didn't do anything when we were starving to death? you're there, but you never showed yourself when I was crying to mom asking for you because the kids at my school are teasing me for not having a dad." A tear fell on my eyes. "You are there, but you only watch us suffer. I'm sure that a real dad wouldn't do that to his own daughter, so don't tell me that you are there, because knowing that you are there but you did nothing to help us just made me hate you more."

The hardship that my mom and I went through before flashed into my mind, adding so much anger and pain to my heart while looking at him.

"I need to do that for you to be able to stand on your own and to keep you safe," he said without any emotion. In his eyes

Hearing what he said made me laugh in disbelief. I looked down and shook my head before looking at him with disgust.

"You can ruin other people's lives without leaving a trace, but you can't protect your family. While you are by their side! stop justifying your absence with those words. Let's say it's true that you want to protect me, but did you even think that your daughter needs her father to be by her side?" I took a deep breath before continuing. "Did you even think that your daughter is crying because she was a laughing stock of other kids? Did you even think that my mother is suffering on judgment because they think she was left by his husband, which is true. She was left by his husband without a word, and yes, I know what happened. Mom didn't hide anything from me for me to understand what is happening, so don't call yourself my dad because you are not a dad."

"King get her brought her to the car" my dad said to the man standing beside him, but Rio was quick to block him.

"I'm sorry, sir, but you cannot take Lady Freen without her consent." Rio said with a very respectful tone, but his body is in defense mode.

"Come on, Sarocha, don't make this difficult," my father said.

"No, I'm not going anywhere with you," I said in a cold voice, but what he did next shocked me.

He pulled a gun from his back, so as the man that he ordered to take me, I held Rio's back, who was in front of me, trying to protect me from the gun's

"It's alright, mi'lady," he said, but it didn't calm my trembling hands and my heart that's beating fast in nervousness.

"Gun down Dillard, if you wanted your child to come with you, force is not the solution, you're just scaring her." It was Becky's dad walking without any ounce of fear.

"Dad, you tricked me and scared me into going home, don't say that." It was Becky on her father's back. His father looked at her in disbelief.

"Princess, roast me some other time, take your woman instead, okay?" he said.

"Touch her and I'll shoot," my father said, but Becky didn't budge. She walked towards me.

"Bec no," I said, but she just smiled at me before taking my hand. I looked at dad, and a gunshot filled my ears.

"No!"

To be continued...