Rebecca Patricia Armstrong

BECKY'S

Freen and I are sitting in the recliner, watching the sea under the moon, minding our own business.

It's relaxing and stress-free for now, but I hope it will continue. But I'm still bothered by what Richie said That my nightmare is coming.

I know he means dad; maybe dad called him already, asking if he already convinced me to go back and just accept and do what he wanted me to do.

"Uh, do you know that Saint is one of my investors now?" Freen's breaking of the silence got me in shock.

I got up, horrified, and looked at her.

fuck! no, he might use P'Saint against her

"Guess that's not good news?" She spoke hesitantly.

"He can use P'Saint against you." I looked at her flatly. And let out a deep breath

She looked at me straight in the eyes, trying to figure out what I was feeling. Her eyes are trying to ask me questions that I know I can answer.

"Tell me what he will do; I want to know so I'll be ready. You've been saying that he will bring me down, but I have no idea what he can do or how powerful he is. For you to be scared like that, who are you and your family really? I want to know the real you because all I know is how much you love your passion and how he wanted to stop you. For me to be able to help you get through this, let me get to know you." She said with desperation in her voice,

I can see her care and love through her eyes, I can say that she means what she says.

But will she stay?

I took a deep breath before I started talking.

"We're from Cumberland, Scotland, and my dad is a well-known businessman in Scotland, more likely a tycoon in the business industry. He inherited them from his father and has managed them ever since they passed it to him, until he met my mom when he was staying in Thailand. We lived and stayed in Thailand until Richie turned 18; he was 4 years older than me, and I was 14 when we moved to England and studied there. Richie was forced to give up his passion for soccer and study business management. When I turned 17, I went back to Thailand for independence and created my own business line, Bonbonclo, to support myself and let my dad realize that I could stand myself. Maybe I got lucky because Bonbonclo has been doing really well up until now. While I was trying to let Bonbonclo be known I also received modeling offers and endorsements, so I took the chance and fell in love with modeling and acting. That was until I turned 18 and got a call from my dad asking me to go back home and study the business. The moment I heard that, I knew he would ask me to give up the modeling too, like he did to Richie. I asked Richie for advice on what to do because I really didn't want to stop modeling. I tried to make a deal with Dad but he wouldn't hear it. I tried to bargain with him, but he wouldn't hear anything except if I said, I'm coming back and take over the business like Richie—"

As I was talking, Freen just held my hand and listened.

"—After that call I signed up to some brand companies and continued cause I have no idea that he will destroy those companies just to make me go back at home at first I really had no idea that it was my dad who was doing those. I just learned that when the last agency I went through terminated my contract with the reason that they don't want my dad to destroy their agency. After that, I called Richie and he told me that my dad has been following me ever since that call happened and trying to block anything that will me projects and endorsements. So I went here to the Philippines and studied law, trying to figure out what the law could do and hoping that I could use it against my father. I kept my self low from endorsements and photoshoots, accepting some if they were from a good friend or some small brands so it couldn't ring my father's radar. That continued until you took me as your model in the ad. I never thought that the ad would blow up and make a huge hit on my career. Because, honestly speaking, I have a lot of endorsements lined up. I'm not saying this to brag, but for transparency, I think that would ring my dad's bell, but he can't do anything because I didn't sign up with your company, so the only endorsements that I'm accepting are only from small businesses. You know how much I want to be on a magazine cover? or to be in another international ad? I badly want to accept the huge brand offers to double my talent fee, but I can't. I badly want to be known in this industry, but if that happens, my father will ruin those brands because of me." I stopped talking when Freen caressed my cheek.

She was wiping the tears that escaped from my eyes without me realizing it.

I was crying again. I promised myself that I wasn't going to cry anymore, but here I am crying again.

Freen told me to stand and pulled me to sit on her lap. She hugged me tight. And I buried my face on her shoulder.

How long have been since I felt this kind of comfort?

"Go on, cry it out. I'm sorry I made you cry." She said I felt a little pinch in my heart hearing that she thinks it's her fault because she ask

I look at her face, and she quickly dries up my tears.

"I choose to tell you even though you wouldn't ask; I was already planning to tell you. You're not the reason why I'm crying."

"I know it's heavy. If you want to vent out those heavy feelings, just tell me, and I'm going to listen to you, and we will figure out what to do. Hearing those from you makes me feel proud because you are standing your ground, following through on what you want, and fighting for it. Yes, maybe there are people who lost their companies, but it's not too late to make it up to them. We can think about how we can convince your father to let you continue your passion, and after that, we can plan on how we're going to make it up to those companies one step at a time," she said.

Is she really willing to help me even though her company is at sake?

"What about your company?"

"If you trust my foundation, he wouldn't be able to bring us down easily, and we will fight together if ever he tries to do that, right?"

"I trust you, but I also don't want to put you and your company in danger."

"Well, figure that out soon, okay?" She said

I went silent and stared at her, trying to figure out what she was thinking.

Why isn't she scared for her company after all those years? I've met different people, and most of them are distancing themselves from me to save their companies, but for some reason she's even offering me help.

"If Richie is taking over the company, why is your dad pressuring you also?" She asked while playing with my hands

She's Not really scared or even bothered by what I just said?

She was so calm and relaxed.

"He wanted us to be in the same industry as him; he thinks that our passion wouldn't do anything good for the both of us for him. Soccer is just some game that Richie can play when he's bored but can't be his career, and modeling is just taking pictures, nothing more, but in the business, it will give us the wealth and power that we can have for life."

P'Freen pulled me into a hug wrapping her hands around my waist, and I rested my head on her shoulder.

"It must be hard dealing with that kind of situation." Don't worry, I'll be with you when your dad tries to take you home. We'll face him together, and we won't let him use dirty tricks just to get what he wants, okay? We will fight for your passion and I'll be right next to you, holding your hand tight," she said, giving me kisses on the neck.

I felt a huge relief after hearing what P'freen said I have and ally who's willing to be with me in the fight that we don't even know if we will win.

but I hope we will. I don't want to stop modeling, and I don't want to be away from P'freen.

To be continued...

A NOTE :
Slow updates ahead
I'm trying to write longer chapters and create new plot twists in the story. I hope y'all enjoy reading and stay tuned for the next chapters. ^•^