Day 3

FREEN'S

I was staring at the window, drinking tea, and I still wonder where Becky could be and why she isn't answering any of my texts or calls. It's been three days.

Did I do something that drove her away? Is she mad at me? What did I do? I have so many questions in my head that I was distracted from work, but I'm trying not to be because I have no one who can catch the company if I slack off. If I slack off, my company will go down in an instant. I can't always lean on P'nam.

I need her to focus on Gayle because she's also having a hard time on social media for unknown reasons, and I know how she's getting affected by it. She's just hiding it; people are criticizing her because of her past, which I'm sure has hurt her deeply, and Becky I know that she and P'nam are talking because she's her manager and I need her to keep her safe while I'm not around.

"P'freen The investors are here." When P'nam said that, it knocked the sense out of me, so I only nodded to her and walked towards the conference room.

Smile Freen and be professional.

I walked into the room and greeted everyone with a smile.

" Mr. Saint Armstrong," I said, is he one of the investors?

"Ms. Freen, we met again," he said and smiled.

"I'm sorry, but are you one of the investors?"

"Yes, I was amazed at your plan to build a modeling studio here in the Philippines, and I also know how you work, so I didn't hesitate," he said proudly, and it sure makes me happy that he liked how I work.

I wonder if he knows where Becky is.

It's been three days, and I still haven't heard anything from her, although P'nam can give me the place where her shooting is. I can't leave right away because I have a lot of meetings lined up that I can't just cancel.

"Thank you for trusting me," I said, smiling.

"I can trust you with Beck; I'm sure I can trust you in this as well. How is she anyway?" That kid doesn't like to text or call." My heart ached when she mentioned Becky, so he also doesn't know where she is.

"I haven't heard anything from her either, Mr. Armstrong," I admitted honestly.

"Isn't she your talent? and saint is fine," he said.

"She wasn't my talent. She doesn't want to sign with my company."

"Oh, uncle must be giving him a hard time again," It caught my attention.

"I'm sorry, but what do you mean?"

"Oh, I think you should hear that from her," he said. I only nodded to him, and we all sat down to sign the contracts. 

After the contract signing, Saint came to me.

"Please defend Becky from Uncle when he gives her a hard time like how you defended her before," he said with a worried face. Although I'm confused, I know he wouldn't tell me why.

"I will," I said, and smile.

I'd be glad to defend her from anything if she would let me.

I shook his hands again and bid him goodbye as he left.

"P'freen, do you want to go to Palawan?" I was startled when P'nam appeared from nowhere.

"I would love it if you stopped appearing from nowhere and scared the death out of me," I said, chasing my breath. trying to recover from shock.

She only laughs at me.

"Since it was a shoot with Gayle and you don't want her riding on a different plane and you also need some time off from work, why not come with her?"

"When is it again?"

"Sunday you have nothing scheduled that day, so you will go," she said with finalization in her voice, like she wouldn't take no for an answer.

I only nodded at her; she smiled and understood that I wanted some alone time.

I really think I should take a break. I'm stressed, physically tired, and mentally drained. I just wish I wouldn't get sick. It isn't healthy, but I can't help it. I'm worried, sad, stressed, and frustrated.

sighs

What else am I going to do? I'm tired, and I think I deserve that Palawan. I wish it would help me clear up my mind for a while.

I miss her. Her small face, her cute attitude, the way she lost her eyes when she smiles, and her hugs that warm me up

Why are you doing this, Bec? I thought I was special to you, or are these just my thoughts?

I took my phone and texted Becky again.

*To : Becbec*

.

Just tell me that you are safe and sound and that you are not sick. I promise that I won't bother you anymore. I just want to know how you are doing.

.

I expected that I wouldn't get a text back from her, but I'm still hoping that she will reply to me.

Just one text, Bec; just tell me how you are, and I will be okay with that.

"Freen, you wanna eat outside?" It was angge. I took a deep breath before looking at her.

"Sure, let's go," I replied, and forcedly smile.

Angge, Gayle, and I went to Zach's to eat.

"Is there something on my face?" I asked; she's been staring at me deeply since we were in the car.

"Ah, no, sorry, I was just thinking. I didn't mean to stare at you," she said, panicking at what was happening to her.

as we ordered food, I saw a familiar back

I can't be wrong.

I excused myself from Angge and Gayle and followed it.

"Bec wait," I tried calling her, but she didn't hear it. I tried walking fast until we reached the exit of the mall.

"I'm here at the exit, Richie." She said it was Becky it was her voice.

"Bec," I said, but she entered the car.

"Bec wait!" I shouted again. I think she heard me because she looked at the window, but the car drove off.

Who is he? Is that her man?

My heart ached as I walked back to the restaurant. I was stunned, and my mind is wondering somewhere, feeling so blank.

"Freen your food; it is getting cold."

"Are you okay, Freen?"

Was that the reason why she isn't responding to my messages? and leave?

To be continued....