Chapter 13

' You looked like you were relieved to hear that the alpha was mateless till now.'

I stared at Seo-young who was minding her own business, folding the clothes while humming to herself.

"W-What?!"

"What? I said the truth. Your face looked relieved when you heard that. Am I not correct?"

Why this girl is getting on me like this? Was I that obvious? No! Jimin! You can't just fall for someone who's helping you, no! Never!

"Jimin-ssi."

I looked up to see Seo-young's doe eyes, curiously staring into my soul.

"Y-Yes."

Now, I'm afraid to talk to her.

"Do you have a mate?"

I blinked a couple of times before laughing it away. She looks so confused but that is cute.

"Mate? And me? Who wants me!"

"Come on! You are pretty! Of course, you had tons of confessions at your door."

My laughter died and a small smile plastered on my face.

"I did, many proposals for marriage and all...but I burnt them. I burned all the letters or gifts that were received until...I ordered the guards to add some taxes on sending gifts and letters, so that stopped immediately but...some few came in which was rare."

I watch how Seo-young's eyes grew big and her smile got wider.

"Awww! You are such a cold omega! How could do that to those poor admirers!"

I scoffed, it wasn't an easy task but I had to put boundaries around the territory or things might have gotten worse.

"If the alpha does confess to you, then do accept. He is a loner ever since he was presented to the public."

Another scoff leaves me.

"And why would I do that? I am not a member of his clan nor he has the power to ask my hand. Either way, I can't accept him."

Seo-young frowns at my answer.

"It doesn't matter if you are not from this clan, but you are an omega who can honor the alpha and be powerful as well."

Seo-young replied with a smile tugged on her face.

"You don't want a mate? Grow a family of your own? Don't you wanna cradle a pup in your arms? Don't tell me you are that cruel."

I sighed, I can't answer her questions but I have a dream of settling down but these politics and all, making things hard for me or my future mate.

I do want to grow a family, I do want a loving mate who will support me. I do want a pup in my arms, feed them from my chest, play with them, and watch them grow up.

No, I am not cruel, it's just the world that we live in making us cruel, making us heartless.

"I haven't given a thought about it, it's too much for me to handle now. But I'll think about it."