Chapter 5

' Why did you run away then? '

I took a deep breath as I try to remember those horrible days when I barely stood still, even though being the son of the former leader didn't make my life easy.

I stood there, alpha's eyes are on me, waiting for the only answer I will say. My blood rushed through my veins, angering me to think about how I was treated and what I faced.

I exhale, and I can feel his gaze upon me,  I know I'm taking time but it's not easy to put those words.

"It's fine if you don't want to talk-"

"To save myself."

I know I should've said something else than saying that, I sound so pathetic and weak. He is probably thinking that I might be weak to face whatever it was and ran away.

"I'm sorry, it sounds so pathetic..I-"

"You had injuries and you are recovering from them, I don't think that was pathetic."

The alpha steps closer, standing in Infront of me, towering over me as he inhales.

"You fought to save yourself from something that might kill you. You are brave."

"So, you don't think I am a coward who ran away from his clan?"

The alpha scoffed.

"Of course not. Every clan has its internal problems so they will calm down."

Now, I scoffed. If he only knew what is happening in the North.

"By the way."

He tilted his head, I can see his eyes drifting down and his right hand swung closer to mine, gently holding my left hand and bringing it in front of his delicate lips.

"Since you are a fellow leader and an omega who's equally beautiful as you are powerful."

He pressed a kiss on my hand, my body reacted to it like a shockwave passed on me.

"I should treat you like an upper man."

A small smile tugs on his face as his eyes linger on mine.

"I appreciate that but do treat me as you might. I do not want to cause any burden upon you as you already have a lot to take care of. Once I recover and am healthy, I shall return to my place."

The alpha looked sad, why is he sad?

"Of course, we have talked about it."

"Indeed."

He slowly releases my hand and steps back, and a gentle sigh leaves his mouth. Eyes like cats look down, lips agape, no wonder why he is the most demanding alpha in this clan.

"Then...I shall walk you back to your room since I took a lot of your time where you should've been resting."

I rub my forearm, heating myself.

"It's fine. I was reading a book anyway."

A smile appears on his face, my heart melted at that.