Chapter 7

' Welcome to the central dining hall, Jimin-ssi. '

Everyone at the table bowed at me, they were alphas, betas. I don't know most of them that only means they are from this clan.

Taehyung grasps my hand tight and his breathing is uneven.

"What is wrong, Taehyung?"

He looked at me and his lips are trembling, then it hit me. Some alphas are unmated and since Taehyung is young and has never been in a room full of alphas before he is scared by their scent.

I stood in Infront of Taehyung and hold his face, he stared into my eyes and I gave him an assuring smile.

"Noone can touch you. I am here and so are your hyung. You are safe, Taehyung."

Taehyung nodded and I held his hand to lead him to the table, he needs me as I need him.

We sat down and everyone stared at us, but I found it quite comfortable because along with these eyes, one pair of eyes kept making sure no one dares to do anything.

"Thank you for joining us, omegas."

The alpha spoke, his gestures to the maids to serve our dishes as the others gossip within themselves.

Taehyung looked a little comfortable since he spotted food in Infront of him but the tension in this room is heavy, and I lost my appetite.

"Well, as we have been informed by the Min that you are the leader of the North. Is that true?"

One of the alpha turns to me after asking his question, I put the fork and spoon down to lift my gaze.

"Yes, that is the truth."

"Then why are you here?"

Another one asks immediately.

"I have been recused by the alpha, Min."

Everyone turns to the alpha who was chewing his food.

"Well, then what happened that you have to run away from North?"

I inhale, I knew that they are here to know about this and I'm not ready to answer them properly.

My eyes drifts to the alpha who was staring at me, with concerned eyes. I told him when I will comfortable I will answer him but now, I am faced with  alphas and betas.

I clear my throat to answer but the glass on the other end rang.

The alpha rang the glass with his spoon to grab our attention. He smiled at me and then fixed his gaze upon the guests.

"Gentlemen, please let's not talk about some mere topic now. We have some amazing dishes in Infront of us, so why not enjoy this then we can discuss. And besides, I haven't invited you people to ask anything related to the leader of the North. We are to discuss the trading fair coming up. So, let the omega be comfortable. He is a special guest in our hands."

My heart was relieved when the alpha drove the topic to something else, I have to thank him later for this.

Taehyung finally calmed down and munching away while I was picking up my food to appreciate the cook for their cooking.

After dinner, the alpha leads the guests to the parlor but I need to speak with him.

"Alpha!"

He stops and turns to see me hurry, he stood there as I catch my breath.