Nothing Was Ever Really Over

(Stiles POV)

Parrish called for backup and sent Taylor and me home. We sat on my bed as I held a cold cloth to her eye. She had a black eye forming.

"I'm sorry," she muttered her first words since we left Eichen.

I slowly pulled the cloth away from her eyes, setting it down on the floor as she continued, "I'm sorry that we fought last night, and I'm sorry that I left like I did and didn't come back. I'm sorry that I've been blowing you off for most of the day and I'm sorry..." she trailed off, shaking her head as she kept her eyes trained on the floor. "I'm sorry that you had to hear that tape, and I'm sorry I never told you that I...that I tried too–"

"Taylor," I softly cupped my hand around her cheek, turning her head to look at me. "You don't have to apologize for that." She shook her head, but I didn't let her say anything. "I'm not mad at you for not telling me. I understand why you didn't." I studied her face, eyes, lips, and how her nose curled. She was gorgeous.

"I'm so sorry I didn't believe you last night." She went to interrupt me, but I didn't let her. "I should've believed you," I told her. "I should've believed that someone was trying to set you up. I felt like such an asshole, and I'm so sorry," I leaned my forehead against hers, letting my eyes fall closed.

I felt her lean her head into my hand, which still rested on her cheek. She leaned back an inch. Looked up. "So you don't hate me?"

"I will," I said, "never hate you. I can't hate you."

"Never?"

I shook my head, "Never."

Taylor looked away, blushing as she wiped a tear off her cheek. My hand dropped from her cheek, landing in her lap. I leaned in, kissing her softly on the cheek, feeling the heat of her skin on my lips.

She turned to look at me.

I felt it then—the shift in the air as she looked up at me. I could see the fear leaving her eyes as love filled them. Her cheeks flushed more than they already were. She didn't have to say a word as I cupped her cheek again, my heart beating harder and faster, her skin hot under my touch. She leaned in, her nose brushing mine. Something inside me jolted back to life as she muttered, "I love you" against my lips.

I swallowed hard. Those three words from Taylor always did something to me. "I never get tired of you saying that," I whispered, my voice getting caught in my throat. Our lips were still barely inches apart, and I felt her smile against mine.

Taylor's nose brushed against mine again until I felt her move to kiss my jaw and then my neck. "I love you," she said those three words again, vibrating against my neck, and I was afraid to move. I didn't want to break this moment. I didn't want to lose it. I felt heat rush through my veins, taking over my whole body. Her kisses along my neck overwhelmed everything in me, and I knew I had to be dreaming. No person could be this perfect.

But Taylor was beyond perfect.

"Stiles," she whispered, desperation lacing my name.

My brain was losing the battle to my heart. We both needed to go to the hospital. My head was pounding, and Taylor needed to have her eyes checked. I should have snapped us out of this, but I couldn't think straight. Then, she straddled my lap, and I took a quick, desperate breath. There was no pretending how much I wanted her when she was this close to me. I knew she could feel how badly I wanted her.

I felt how badly Taylor wanted me. Her body radiated heat and desire that I couldn't ignore. Screw the hospital. It would be there later. She kissed me softly, her hands slipping under my shirt until I had to reach behind me, pulling my shirt off and tossing it to the floor.