Dying At School

"I'm so glad you guys picked me up and brought me to die at the school. So glad." I grit my teeth, eyes trained on the wild beast in the parking lot.

"Not the time for sarcasm, Taylor!" Scott frantically yelled while we gripped the handlebars for dear life.

"We gotta lock it!" Stiles lets go of his hold, backing up, running his hands over his head.

"Oh really? I wanted to invite the homicidal alpha inside to have a 'get to know you're tea party." One thing about me is when I feel like I'm in a life-or-death situation, I get a little, well, very sarcastic. It's a coping thing, don't ask.

"Can you two stop bickering and just lock it!" Scott stressed. "Lock the door!"

"Do I look like I have a key?" Stiles motioned his hands over his body.

Scott rolled his eyes, then looks over to me in desperation. "Don't even look at me right now."

Another thing, I also get very mean when I think I'm about to die.

Scott rolled his eyes at my attitude. We both focused our attention back outside, "Just, Stiles, grab something--" I tightened my grip on the door.

Stiles scanned the area around him, "What?"

"My dick." I turned around to look at him, totally not amused but a little red. "Anything, just grab anything." Stiles began to search the proximity of where we are, and then his eyes landed outside. I followed his eyes to the bolt cutters on the steps. Stiles quickly walked over to the door, ready to go out. "No. No fucking way, are you insane?" I blocked the door with my body, not letting him through.

"Yes, I am. Let me through, Taylor." His face hardened, getting annoyed with me when I didn't move out of the way. "Taylor...move. Now."

"No." I fired back, both of us keeping our ground.

"Taylor, just let him through. He'll be quick." I turned to look at Scott, who was now siding with Stiles. 

Stiles looked at me, "I'll run out, grab it, and run right back in. Simple."

I look between the two boys, who seem dead set on their plan. "Simple? No, nothing about this is simple." Tears started to swell in my eyes. "Something is trying to get in he--here to kill us. Kill us," I emphasized. "Please, Stiles. Don't go out there."

"I promise I'll come back." Stiles nods as he pushed past Scott and me.

"Taylor, he'll be ri--"

"I need a second," I stated, quickly walking away from the door. It felt like the room was spinning, and I couldn't breathe. It's like that night was happening all over again. The memories started resurfacing as I slid my back down a nearby wall. I pulled my knees close to my chest, burying my face in my arms. I tried not to think about Stiles outside, the alpha trying to get inside, the men bre---

"Run!" My head shot up, and I see Scott yell at Stiles through the door. I'm quick to my feet, wiping the tears off my cheeks. 

I'm frozen in place as Stiles charged through the door with a pair of bolt cutters. The two of them fumble, trying to get the cutters to hold the door, but eventually figure it out.

They both quickly looked out the window of the door, then to each other, then to me, then back to each other. 

The boys started backing up slowly until they both quickly turned around. Stiles and Scott began to run towards me, or the direction behind me. 

Stiles quickly grabbed my arm, pulling me with him as we ran into a classroom, Scott slamming the door behind us.

"The desk---the desk." Stiles frantically pointed to the teacher's desk. Stiles and Scott each take a head of the desk while I grabbed onto one of the sides. We slide the desk in front of the door, making too much noise.