Two Versions Of Stiles

Shortly after Scott took off, I started running after him, causing Stiles to yell my name, running after me. Running through the woods was hard when I couldn't really see anything, but soon Stiles caught right up with me, shining the flashlight ahead. Running through trees, and rounding corners, we still couldn't find Scott.

After rounding one more corner, Stiles and I came to a halt, screaming as we almost crashed into something or someone. We paused to see it was Scott, who also screamed, not expecting to bump into us.
"I think I found something," Stiles told Scott, still out of breath.

Scott nods, "So did I."

Stiles led us first to where he found something. Walking up a little hill covered in weeds, he led us to the opening of a cave. Stiles shines his flashlight inside as we all slowly walk in. "It's a coyote den," Stiles tells us. I look around seeing various items laying in the den. All or torn up or covered in dirt. "Werecoyote," Scott corrects.

I walk over to one of the items laying on the floor. I crouch down, picking it up. "What is that, Taylor?" Scott asks as he crouches down next to me.

"A coat," I replied, unfolding it.

"That's Malia's coat," Stiles says, crouching down across Scott and I. "Remember? It's the same one she was wearing in the photo."

"This is all her stuff," I say as I look around the den. Scott picks up a stuffed animal bunny, looking it over before looking back around the den. "We shouldn't be in here," he says, uneasily.

I drop Malia's coat back to the ground, "Why? What's wrong?"

Scott turns to face Stiles and I, "She's not going to come back now. We just invaded her home–" he explains. "Our scent's going to be everywhere."

"Well," Stiles sighs, "if she's not going to come back here, where is she going to go?"

Scott shakes his head, "I don't know."

"Can you track her now?" I ask, looking at the stuffed animal that Scott still holds. "You think you got her scent?"

"Maybe," he admits before his face falls. "But I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf...and I'm still worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back."

Stiles sighs, "Yeah, the door's still open."

"If I can't get to Derek, we're gonna have to find someone else to help," Scott says, setting the bunny back down. Stiles and I both don't respond as we know where Scott is going with this. "This is basically a crime scene, right?" He asks. "I think it might be a little out of my boss' league..."

"And more my dad's," Stiles admits.

We called Stilinski after that and he and a few deputies showed up to the scene. Stilinski and another officer looked around the den as the three of us waited outside for them. A couple minutes later, we saw Stilinski emerge from the den, walking over to us with something in his hand. "You sure it was her?" he asked, looking at Scott.

"I looked her right in the eyes," Scott explained, "and they glowed, just like mine."

"It makes sense, Dad."

"But it wasn't a girl–it was a four-legged coyote, right?"

"Well, yeah..." I admit. "See, that's the part that we don't exactly have figured out yet."

"But if it was a wolf, and she did change while her mom was driving, then anything could have happened." Scott points out.

"Horrible things could have happened," Stiles adds. "Ripping, shredding, tearing things–"