Me and the Devil*

Warning: Smut and mentions of suicide

____________

(Stiles POV)

So, some things have happened. Some good, some bad, some...horrible. I've had a couple movie marathons that have turned into something more with Taylor over the past few weeks...if you know what I mean. I got an A on a test I thought I would fail, finally beat Scott in an arm wrestle–but I think he let me win. Then somewhere along that way, I got possessed by an old spirit called the Nogitsune who will take over my mind at any given moment it pleases.

So yeah, life's been great.

Now all I can think about is how this car ride to Eichen has been nothing but awkward, devastating, and heartbreaking. My dad was driving as I sat in the passenger seat while a nervous, wrecked Taylor sat in the back seat.

Ever since I told her the plan that my dad and I decided on, she hasn't been doing well. The deal was I went to Eichen for 72 hours to give Deaton time to find out how to get this thing out of my head. Just thinking about Eichen and everything that has happened there gives me the creeps, but if it keeps my friends safe, if it keeps Taylor safe, then so be it. It's only 72 hours. But Taylor on the other hand thinks this is a horrible idea.

The whole night before this car ride, she told me any chance that she got that this was a horrible idea. Something to her didn't feel right with this plan or she had a gut feeling that this was only going to complicate things more. I had to tell her every time that it's our best option and I would be damned if I let the Nogitsune get to her again like it did at the clinic.

Having to watch from my own mind what that thing was doing to her was torture. Every time I called out for her to run or even punch me in the face, she just couldn't hear me. I had no control over my own body or mind. It made me physically sick to watch him touch her and kiss her like he did. To hear him utter the words for her to give herself over, turn her mind off and become the very thing she's terrified of pissed me off the most. But what scared me the most was the look in her eye when he said it...because she almost did.

Now sitting in the car, the only thing I can hear or even focus on is the two sounds Taylor is making. The crinkle of paper in her hands and her sniffles. I don't even know if I'll be able to look at her if we get out of the car. If she;s crying like she has been and looks worried out of her mind, I think I'll get right back in this car with her and drive home. And I can't do that. I'm doing this to protect her and protect my dad and my friends. I have to do this. Even if she hates it.

The car comes to a halt outside of the main entrance. I look over at my dad who's looking out my window, an unsure look on his face. Great. My dad gives me a weak smile before getting out of the car. I follow his lead, getting out after him. I move to open Taylor's door, only to find her eyes set on the paper in her hands.

"Taylor," I sigh, placing my hand gently on her arm, "you need to give up on that paper."

"It has to mean something," she mutters, a tear sliding down her cheek. "I wouldn't write any of it if it didn't mean anything." She looks up at me, her eyes filled to the brim with tears before she looks back down at the paper. For the past week, Taylor and I have been trying to figure out what that paper means. "Why would I write your name and VOID in all caps for it not to mean anything?"

I slowly remove the paper from her hands, gently tossing it to the seat next to her. "You'll figure it out," I tell her, "you always do." She nods, sniffling again as I help her out of the car. As she gets her feet on the ground, I keep a hold of her shaking hand as she looks everywhere but the building. I know she won't admit it, but she's terrified to be here. I know that everything that happened here for her during her time with Tate did a number on her. I was going to tell her that she didn't need to come and drop me off here because I knew how scared she was, but I knew she would never take me up on that opportunity.