Death Of the Pack

(Stiles POV)

These past couple days have been anything but normal.

After I emerged from the floor, yes, emerged from the floor, Melissa brought me right upstairs to do a medical examination. To see if it was actually me or the Nogitusne, or Void.

That's what Taylor had called him. Void or Void Stiles to be exact. It wasn't like I was just in some trance the whole time I was possessed. I could see and hear everything that was happening from behind my own eyes, I just couldn't do anything about it. I couldn't do anything about Void manipulating Taylor. Kissing her. Touching her. Even just looking at her. I couldn't do anything.

Melissa sat to the side of me, shining a small flashlight in my eyes as my hands itched at my sides to get downstairs. Right as Melissa began to bring me upstairs, Scott ran out the door, yelling for Lydia as Deaton helped a passed out Taylor lay down on the couch. I don't care if I'm not alright...I just need to make sure Taylor is okay.

I just need to see her.

Melissa placed her flashlight down on the nightstand next to the bed, looking back over at me. I could see the fear in her eyes, the hesitation to do what she wanted to do next. Not knowing if she could actually trust me. Is this how Taylor felt? Is this how she felt after we got her back from Tate? Did she have this nagging feeling in her chest whenever someone looked at her? Questioning if they still truster her? Loved her?

Will she still love me?

Melissa held her left arm out in front of her, checking her watch as her other hand reached for mine. But at the last second, she pulled away slowly, questioning herself and me. Still hesitant, I slowly brought my own hand up, showing her that it was okay. I wasn't going to hurt her.

She carefully took my hand, two fingers laying on the inner part of my wrist. She looked back over at her watch, checking my pulse. "Well," she sighed, gently laying my hand back down. "Medically, you seem okay. You're definitely a real person."

I nod, "Okay, so I'm real–but am I the real me?" I asked nervously, not knowing if I even wanted the answer.

Melissa didn't answer, but Scott walked into the room, causing me to slowly sit up. "Is she here?" I asked as he stopped at the foot of the bed.

"Yeah..." he nodded.

"Okay, let's do this." The two exchanged uneasy looks before looking back at me. I sighed, "Guys, we have to do this."

Scott and Melissa helped me down the stairs to find Noshiko waiting in the dark living room. "Do you recognize me?" She asked instantly as I took a step away from Scott and his mom.

"Stop!" Kira came running in from the back door, her mother turning to look at her. I looked around the room, noticing that Taylor wasn't where I last saw her, on the couch. Where the hell is she?

"It's okay," I held my hands up as if I was surrendering. "I'm the one who asked her to come."

"You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords," Kira countered, trying to tell me this was a horrible idea. She instantly turned to her mother, "Mom, don't do this to him."

"It's already done," she said as I heard a flash of noise behind me. I carefully looked over my shoulder to see one of the Oni standing right behind me as another one instantly appeared right in front of me.

Before I could even think of running, the Oni in front of me pricked behind my ear, sending what felt like jolts of electricity through my body. Its eyes glowed a bright yellow as my body convulsed until I fell right to the floor.