Usagi's Joy: A Love Letter from Tuxedo Mask

Start from the beginning

I heard him chuckle, looking up to see Mamoru smirking at me as he spoke, "You would think you'd learn by now, Usagi."

I huffed with an eyeroll, "I really don't feel like arguing today, Mamoru."

I went to turn around and walk away when I was grabbed, surprisingly gently, on the arm. I turned around, seeing the confusion in Mamoru's eyes, "You alright bunhead?"

I chuckled with a small smile, "Haven't heard that name in a while..." He continued to stare at me and I sighed, "Kinda...I'm sure you've heard all about the Tuxedo Mask letters."

He raised an eyebrow, "Let me guess, you didn't get one?"

I rolled my eyes, "I wish...I've met Tuxedo Mask a few times...he was sweet, caring...I really thought that I was the only one..."

I felt the tears filling my eyes again and I scoffed, wiping my eyes as I muttered to myself, "Can't believe I'm crying again..."

Mamoru shifted on his feet, stating, "He's a jerk Usagi, only jerks toy with girls' hearts and emotions. Don't let this Tuxedo Mask ruin your day."

I blinked, tilting my head, "Are you trying to make me feel better?"

Mamoru blushed lightly, scoffing, "No! Why would I do that, bunhead?"

I giggled as Mamoru shuffled awkwardly before holding up his finger and moving away from me quickly. I blinked a few times before he was in front of me again, holding a single rose in his hand. He held it out to me, blush still on his cheeks, "Here bunhead, a pretty girl deserves a pretty flowers so, don't stab yourself with the thorns."

I slowly took the rose, blushing as I did so. I smiled as I smelt the rose and looked up at Mamoru, seeing that he was already staring at me with a unknown but familiar look in his eyes. We continued to stare at each other until I remembered why he gave me the rose and I spoke, "Thank you for the rose...and for cheering me up. Although, your words could use a little work, jerk."

He smirked with a chuckle, "Like you know anything, bunhead."

I slowly moved away from him, starting to walk home with the rose in my hand and a smile on my face, feeling Mamoru watch me as I walked away. I made it home safely, smile still on my face, as I took off my shoes and went straight up to my room. I went to put Mamoru's rose in my vase full of roses from Tuxedo Mask when I froze, staring at the roses as Luna's words from the night before came to mind 'How does he even know you're Sailor Moon, Usagi?'

I moved away from the roses, heading downstairs to grab another vase as I thought about it. How did Tuxedo Mask know that I was Sailor Moon? Now that I think about it, the letter said nothing about me being Sailor Moon, it wasn't even addressed to Sailor Moon, just Usagi Tsukino, along with all the other girls' letter. I filled the vase with water and headed back to my room as I continued to put the pieces together of this strange mystery. Tuxedo Mask has no idea who I am, just like I don't know who he is. He arrives during a fight and leaves once the monster's defeated, which means he's never seen me transform or seen me change back into my civilian form. And why meet at the mall? Why not somewhere we've fought crime before, to make sure that I'm truly Sailor Moon. I placed the rose into the new vase and gasped, eyes widening, "That means this whole thing is a ruse! By none other than the Dark Kingdom!"

I quickly ran to my closet, changing out of my uniform and into something simple before dashing out of the room, shouting to my parents as I quickly slipped on some shoes, "I'm heading over to Ami's house to study! Be home late!"

I ran out of the house to the bus stop, quickly hopping on the bus which was, thankfully, heading to Shinjuku. I can't believe I couldn't put two and two together. Of course, the Dark Kingdom would use my crush on Tuxedo Mask against me! Drawing me out to the mall so I could reveal my identity to them and be so caught off guard that they would destroy me right then and there. I snapped out of my thoughts as the bus came to a stop and I quickly but calmly got off, looking around for the mall. My communicator started beeping in my bag and I quickly pulled it out, seeing Ami's face on the tiny screen. Ami questioned, "Where are you, Usagi?"