Usagi's a Model: The Flash of the Camera Monster

Start from the beginning

---------------------------------------

I was at home, flipping through a magazine aimlessly when I made it to a weird ad. I frowned, reading aloud, "'Be a model! Get your photo taken by genius photographer Kijin Shinokawa!' Hmm..."

I looked back as Luna spoke up, dropping a pink device on the bed, "Look Usagi, the new communicator is ready."

I grabbed it with a smile as Luna continued, "I've already handed Ami and Rei theirs."

I looked at it before looking up at Luna, stating, "I'm going to be a model today."

Luna sighed, "Just don't use the communicator unless it's an emergency, okay Usagi?"

I nodded in agreement before getting up to head downstairs to talk to Mom. I found her in the kitchen making dinner with Shingo sitting in the dining room. I spoke out, leaning against the table, "Mama, I think I want to be a model."

Shingo busted out laughing and I rolled my eyes at him, turning to look at him as he pointed at me, "You? Become a model?!"

He continued to laugh loudly as I raised an eyebrow, "Yeah?"

He scoffed, shaking his head as he chuckled, "Ain't happening! Besides, a model needs more than just a pretty face and a nice body. She has to have a sharp mind, too."

I huffed with another eye roll as Mom chimed in, giving Shino a pointed stare, "Shingo, that wasn't very nice. Your sister has been doing really in school lately. If she wants to be a model, then she can."

I blinked in shock at Mom coming to my defense, usually she lets Shino say whatever he wants about me, whether it's true or not. Shingo scoffed again, catching my attention as he muttered underneath his breath, "Trust me, you'll get rejected the moment they see your picture in the first-round audition."

I shook my head, ruffling Shingo's hair as I walked past him, shouting, "I'm heading out Mama, I'll be back in time for dinner."

I quickly put my shoes on before walking out of the door, heading straight for the Game Center. I walked in with a smile, spotting Motoki and told him about becoming a model. He smiled, "That's cool Usagi, it's important to take on challenge."

I chuckled, heading over to a claw machine, "Thanks Motoki."

My smile dropped as I heard Mamoru's voice, "Motoki's right. Although you still probably won't make the cut. But even so, trying hard is what counts."

He smirked at me when I turned around to see him sitting at one of the game consoles. I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms with a scowl, "Stop butting into our conversation."

Mamoru took his sunglasses off, standing up as he stated, "Guys and girls these days have it all wrong. They think simply looking good makes a girl beautiful. A girl's beauty is not just her looks."

Mamoru walked over to us as I smiled at his words, asking, "What is it then?"

Mamoru stared at me for a moment before smiling back at me, "It's what's inside. A kind heart and doing what she thinks is right—the guts to do what's just."

I blushed lightly at his words, looking away from his eyes when he continued to stare at me. He cleared his throat before smirking, "Which is what you're missing, Usagi."

I rolled my eyes with a huff as he continued to speak, "Look, this Kijin Shinokawa is willing to photograph any girl, so long as she's young. That kind of attitude makes him a second...no, a third rate...photographer at best."

I thought about Mamoru's words before turning to Motoki with a smile, "Thanks for the vote of confidence Motoki. I'll see you later!"