Saving her life part 2

Days have passed. Jenna hasn't answered your messages or calls. Neither of you have talked since she kissed you and then ran.

She feels guilty for kissing you because she has no idea if you're in the right headspace for that or if you like her.

You've text her best friend on Instagram to get her address. He knows you're a good person cos he knows you took the bullet for her. So he knows you wont do anything to her.

So now you're on your way over. You ditched the crutches really fast because they're an issue to walk with.

You get to her house and knock on the door. You stand for about 5 minutes just waiting for her to come to the door.

"Jenna."

Silence.

You knock again. Nothing. You go to the front window and look into the house.

"Jenna."

Nothing.

You stand back and text her.

Y/n
Jenna please answer the door.

Jenna
You're at my house?

Y/n
I text your best friend
You haven't answered me for like 3 days
I got worried

The front door opens. You look up at her and put your phone away.

"What are you doing here?" Jenna asks.

"I already told you. You didn't answer me and i was worried." You say.

"Where are your crutches? You should be using your crutches." Jenna says.

"They're a bitch to walk with. It would've taken me like 3 years to get here." You say.

"Do you wanna come in?" Jenna asks.

"Sure." You say.

She lets you into the house and you both sit in the living room.

"I know why you haven't been answering me for the past 3 days." You say.

"Why?" Jenna asks.

"It's cos of the kiss." You say.

She stays quiet.

"I dont know what you think but i like you. I've had feelings for you for well over a year now. And I'd genuinely much rather it be me with a bullet hole in me than you. I dont want you to think that i didn't want the kiss. Cos i did. That's why i kissed back." You say.

"Are you in the right head space for this? You've just been shot." Jenna says.

"I'm in the right head space. Dont worry about that." You say.

She stays quiet. She sits next to you on the sofa. You look at her. She kisses you. You kiss back. She puts her hands on your face. You put a hand on her waist. She slowly moves onto your lap. When she's on your lap, you put your other hand on her waist pulling her a little closer.

She moves a little, catching your stomach. Which causes you to pull back and lay your head back.

"Shit I'm so sorry, are you okay?" Jenna asks.

"Yeah. Yeah just need a second. Caught me right on the hole." You say, chuckling a little.

"I'm so sorry Y/n. I didn't-"

"Jenna it's okay. Dont worry. It just stung a little." You say.

Since you're wearing a white shirt, Jenna notices the blood seeping through almost immediately.

"Fuck. Y/n you're bleeding." She says.

You look down.

"Fucks sake. New shirt." You say.

"I'm so sorry. I'll get some more bandages and a new shirt." Jenna says.

"Stop apologising it's okay. You didn't mean to catch me at all. It's fine." You say.

She stands up and goes off to grab some bandages and find you a new shirt.

She comes back and you're sat holding your stomach in a little bit of pain.

"Okay I'm back."

You look at her and immediately let go of your stomach. You sit up. She sits on your lap and lifts your stomach.

"I'm gunna take it off so it's easier." You say.

She nods and you pull off your shirt. She sits and looks at the wound for a ninute feeling a serious pang of guilt in her stomach.

"Jenna." You say.

She looks at you.

"I dont want you to feel guilty about it. That isn't why i took the bullet. So you'd feel guilty about it. Trust me when i tell you, I've been through a lot worse than a gunshot." You say.

"What could be worse than being shot?" Jenna asks.

"Seriously trust me when i tell you it gets worse." You say.

She nods and wipes the blood from the wound and puts some bandages around it.

"Do you want me to go around it again, make it tighter?" Jenna asks.

"Uhm... no. No this is fine." You say.

Jenna nods. She stands up and passes you the shirt. You put it on and then look at her.

"This one of yours?" You ask.

She nods.

"Bit tight?" Jenna asks.

"Just a bit." You say.

"I have some oversized shit. I can get one of them for you." Jenna says.

"Yeah that might be a bit better." You say.

Jenna nods and goes off. She comes back with an oversized black t-shirt. You take off the tight shirt and put on the oversized one.

"Yeah that's better." You say.

"Good. Good." Jenna says.

There's a silence. Which is so deafeningly loud.

"Are things gunna be awkward between us?" You ask.

"Not if you dont want them to be. Because i like you too." Jenna says.

You nod.

"We never went to the park. Why dont we go today?" You say.

"Are you gunna be okay to?" Jenna asks.

"Yeah. I walked all the way here. Which is about a 20 minute walk. From my house." You say.

"Okay then. Lets go." Jenna says.

You both go to the park together and spend hours laying on the grass. You nearly climbed in a tree which Jenna had to literally drag you away from because you would've ripped the stitches.

You're both now just layed together on the grass under a tree.

She's layed with her head on your stomach while you lay with your hands over your head.

Jenna feels your phone buzz in your pocket under her.

"Your phone just buzzed." You say.

She sits up and you grab the phone. She lays back down. You look at your phone.

"It's just Instagram." You say, putting your phone in your free pocket.

"How's your stomach?" Jenna asks.

"It's okay. You're layed on the other side of it so it's fine." You say.

Jenna nods. She looks up at you. You look at her.

"You okay?" You ask.

She nods and looks away. She shuffles up and sits up slightly. You look at her again.

She kisses you. You kiss back. After a few weeks, you finally started dating. All good in the end.

Thoughts? Byeee :)