CHAPTER 60 - HOME SWEET HOME

Beta was dead.

Beta was dead.

The Whisperers are dead.

Alpha was dead.

Alpha was dead.

Maggie was back.

Gabriel wasn't.

Y/N, Rosita and Daryl walked through the field, the watchtower was only around a minute away, which only had a few walkers around it.

The trio easily dispatched the walkers, as they neared the ladder, they saw what happened to the Father.

His ankle was snapped in half, the bone was visible and hung onto the ladder. His stomach was cut open, his guts sprawled on the floor or still hanging from inside him.

He had a bite mark on his cheek as he growled louder, his jaws chomped together and with a clang of his teeth, Daryl fired a bolt through Gabriel's skull.  He then went over to Gabriel and carefully freed him from the ladder, he placed him over his shoulder and then began walking.

Y/N, Daryl, Carol and Maggie were all stood in the woods, searching for any food which could help feed Alexandria. "How's everyone holding up?" Maggie asked, receiving no answer from Y/N, she changed the subject, "My people will be staying at Alexandria, maybe rebuild Hilltop in the meantime." Again, there was no response, "Y/N, why are you -"

"You've been gone for 10 years, Maggie. I started to forget what you looked like." He grumbled, still walking through the dense forest.

"I heard about-"

"Don't." Y/N mumbled, "Don't say it."

"Maggie." A voice called out from behind them, just as they met up with Daryl and Carol.

"These are my people. Carol, Daryl, Y/N... Duane and Cole. Hershel and I were living with their people until recently. We lost our home." Carol introduced everyone.

Duane wore a mask and had two scythes in their holsters.

Cole looked ex-military, he had a grown out beard, a pony tail, wore a black scarf and a black jacket. "And now we need to live with you."

"I thought I'd take them to Hilltop but... that's gone so I figured we'd stay at Alexandria and try to rebuild Hilltop." Maggie added.

"We haven't really decided a leader situation yet. Or a new council since Gabe is... and Michonne left, Siddiq dead. We'll have to make a new council to vote whether you'll be able to stay." Y/N told.

"That's fine." Maggie agreed before asking, "Can you help us escort our people to Alexandria? We'd appreciate the help."

"I can't." Carol mumbled, "I'm gonna head back to Alexandria and help with the walls."

"Me and Y/N'll help."

A couple of hours passed, Cole, Duane, Maggie, Y/N, Daryl and Kelly all walked through the forest.

The lowering sun cast a rosy hue across the evening and summer sky, Y/N took off his jacket and tucked it into his backpack, Daryl kept his poncho on but occasionally wiping a bead of sweat from his eyebrow.

Maggie also took off her jacket and put on a hat, Duane and Cole wore the same clothes from before and Kelly wore a denim jacket as she walked alongside Daryl and Y/N.