CHAPTER 40 - HOW IT'S GOTTA BE

Y/N arrived back at Alexandria after the ordeal that occurred while at the Sanctuary. Tyler jumped out of the truck and made his way to his two kids, Y/N picked Louise up and walked her through Alexandria, get her familiar after her time away. He made it to Rick's house, Carl was sat on the porch with Judith.

Louise and Judith started playing, Y/N jumped up the steps and stood beside Carl. After an awkward silence, Y/N spoke, "I had to get her. I couldn't live with it if she died because of our plan. I would've killed Rick."

Carl understood where he was coming from, "You had someone you cared about in a place we was attacking. I can't blame you for that." Carl looked over to Y/N, "If I was in the Sanctuary you would've done it for me. Same goes here, Y/N/N."

"You're my brother, man." Y/N said, glancing back at the two toddlers. "I'm gonna miss you."

"It's only going to be for a few days. And that's if they attack." Carl comforted, followed by a chuckle, "I remember when you used to go out to get me comics while at the prison."

"And your dad gave me lectures because you stayed up all night." Y/N reminisced.

"That was such bullshit." Carl added, "He asked me to read but when I did he'd get angry."

"Rick has always been a confusing man."

Night had fell, Y/N was sat on the couch with an M4 in his lap, Lucy rested her head on his shoulder, Louise played with her toys on the floor. "Think they're gonna attack?" The paranoid Y/N asked.

"No, walkers have blocked them in. We have a few days of rest." Lucy comforted. But she knew she was lying, the Saviors had the numbers and the strength to clear those walkers, especially with Eugene helping them.

Y/N sighed and kissed Lucy on her forehead. "I'm going to -"

"You may be wondering why the hell your lookouts didn't sound the alarm. See, we are polite. I mean, I don't know when they're gonna wake up from that kind of shock, but they should wake up. So let's just cut through the cow shit... you lose. It's over. So you're gonna line up in front of your little houses and you're gonna work up some apologies, and then the person with the shittest one is gonna get killed!" Negan's voice boomed from a megaphone outside of Alexandria.

"Get Louise and find Daryl." Y/N ordered, passing Lucy a handgun. He placed a kiss on her lips and rubbed Louise's head.

"Then I kill Rick in front of everyone, and we move on. You have three... count 'em... three minutes to open this gate, or we start bombing the shit outta you!"

Y/N sprinted outside and saw Carl and Michonne stood in the middle of the street, "Remember the plan." He nodded to Carl, "We stick to it."

The pair agreed, Carl jogged towards the front gate, Y/N sprinted to the side gate, he scaled the supporting metal beam, flanking the Saviors outside. He leaned against the metal wall, waiting for the fighting to begin.

"Oh, now you want to talk?! See, your dad had it that I died, no matter what. He gave my people a choice. Not me. Now we're gonna need a new understanding. Apologies, punishm..."

"Kill me." Carl interjected.

Negan took several steps forward, clearly taken aback by the words of the teen. "What did you say?"

"If you have to kill someone... if there has to be punishment, then kill me. I'm serious."

"You want to die?"

"No, I don't. But, if I die and things can change, for me, those other kids... I happily would." Carl told. "Was this the plan? Is this who you wanted to be?"

Negan sniffled, Carl's words were hitting him deep, remembering that he was only just a child at the end of the day.

While their exchange continued, the rest of Alexandria were leaving in cars and trucks, a part of the plan. They rammed the West wall and sped off, one of Negan's people told him about the situation.

By this time Carl had already climbed down from the watchtower. "Son of a bitch, Carl! Was that just a play?! I thought we were having a moment, you little asshole! Bombs away!"

Y/N turned the corner and sprayed at the group of Saviors, Negan shouted in pain as a bullet hit him in the arm, two Saviors dropped to the floor dead, half a dozen injured. Y/N's attack didn't stop the Saviors, several grenades were launched into the community. "Get that little fuck!" Negan ordered, pointing at Y/N's direction.

Y/N took a molotov from his utility belt and threw it at the charging Saviors, their screams rang out. Y/N turned the corner yet again and fired a few more bullets before scaling the wall for the final time.

With a grunt, he pushed himself over the wall and landed, pulling out the magazine. 12 bullets.

He cocked the gun back and sprinted towards a parked car, mounting the M4 on the hood of the car.

Suddenly Y/N's head was slammed onto the hood of the car, his M4 pushed to the floor. He was lifted and pushed on the car, several punches came his way, all connected. His lip split and his nose broke, blood oozed out of his face.

Lukas stood over Y/N with a smile on his face, he wrapped his hands around Y/N's neck and began squeezing. "Kill my fucking wife! Your own mother!" He grunted, Y/N clawed at his arms to no avail. "That blonde bitch was your girl right? I saw that picture in her back pocket. I fucking killed her. Maybe I'll kill that black haired bitch you're fuck -"

Y/N kicked Lukas in the gut, giving himself enough time to fight back and regain his wind. Y/N went to punch his dad until a gun cocked behind him.

Arthur pressed the pistol against Y/N's back, "Negan wants him

Arthur pressed the pistol against Y/N's back, "Negan wants him." Arthur told Lukas, the pair escorted him to the open front gate, forced on his knees in front of the Saviors.

Negan came to the front and chuckled, "Knew you'd be here. Last one fighting." Negan held Lucille up and pointed at Y/N. "I already took your eye, it's a shame I'm gonna have to kill you."

Negan raised Lucille over his head, "Wait!" Marcus called out, "He wants to die. Throw him back in that cell and make sure he don't get out this time."

Negan smiled and kicked Y/N in the face, "I've never agreed more with you, Marcus. Tie him up!" Y/N's wrists were tied together by cable ties, he was kicked down and left in the street. "Stick with him, Arthur and Lukas. I'm gonna make myself some spaghetti!"

Arthur and Lukas spoke, Y/N stayed silent. It had been around 20 minutes since the rest of the Saviors went to find Carl and the others. "Put the gun down." Rick told Arthur, Lukas spun to shoot Rick but Y/N jumped up and barged Lukas to the floor. And with a tear of flesh, Lukas gurgled on his blood. Y/N spat out the blood and flesh, rolling off of his father.

Arthur was knocked out, collapsed on the floor. Rick cut Y/N free, "Where's Carl?"

"I don't know. Negan said he was gonna be at your house."