CHAPTER 17- REMEMBER

Y/N and the group, after a restless journey, arrived at Alexandria, awaiting for the gates to be opened. Aaron aided Eric in walking since the ginger man broke his ankle trying to escape a herd of walkers.

Eric limped inside of the community, Aaron stood by the entrance. A rubbish can behind Daryl rattled and clanged as a racoon sprinted out from it and with a thwip of an arrow, the animal was dead. A man wearing an orange shirt opened the gate further, looking at Daryl holding the dead animal by it's tail. "We brought dinner."

"It's okay." Aaron assured the man in the orange shirt. He then turned to the group. "Come on in, guys."

Y/N and Glenn were first to enter as the rest of the group followed, the gate sliding shut behind them.

The man in the orange shirt then spoke, "Before we can let y'all in further, I need you all to turn over your weapons. Stay, you hand them over."

Rick stepped forward, Judith in his arms. "We don't know if we want to stay."

"It's fine, Nicholas. Let them talk to Deanna first." Aaron assured yet again.

"Who's Deanna?" Abraham asked from behind the group.

"She knows everything you'd want to know about this place. Rick, why don't you start?"

Rick had met and spoke to Deanna, Y/N was next. He walked into the home, many decorations hung up almost as if the end of the world wasn't happening. "Hello. I'm Deanna Monroe." Deanna greeted.

"Y/N L/N."

"You mind if I film this? We do it with most people. Record what happened before this place becomes big."

Y/N nodded in response, taking a seat opposite a camera. "How long have you been out there?" Deanna asked.

"Probably around two months."

"How did you find Rick?"

"I was at a community that his community was at war with, I joined his side after I found out what was really happening."

"What did you do before all this?"

"I worked as a carpenter, my dad convinced me to follow his footsteps."

"My husband Reg is an architect, I think you two will get along. How many people have you killed?"

Y/N blew raspberries and shrugged. "Maybe like 25."

"Why?"

"They tried to kill my friends. My family."

"I respect that. I want you to be apart of this community. You'll have a job, have more friends. More family. And you... you're strong. Smart. Reliable from the sounds of things. You and your family can help us survive."

Y/N nodded reluctantly and stood up. "I just want to feel safe again."

Sure Y/N was skeptical, but he knew he needed this. That the group needed this. Safety. Hot food and warm separate living quarters. The whole group had spoken to Deanna and she had decided to let the stay for the night. She made the group place their weapons on a trolley, for safe keeping, until the group either decide to leave or become apart of the scavenging team.

Y/N was knocked out of his trance but a familiar voice that sent nostalgic shivers down his spine. The young man turned around and saw...

 The young man turned around and saw