CHAPTER 35 - HEART'S STILL BEATING

Y/N was sat in the cell, back to the wall, now humming to the song.

We're on easy street
And it feels so sweet
'Cause the world is 'bout a treat
When you're on easy street
And we're breaking out the good champagne
We're sitting pretty on the gravy train
And when we sing every sweet refrain repeats
Right here on easy street
It's our moment in the sun
And it's only just begun
It's time to have a little fun
We're inviting you to come and see why you should be
On easy street
Yeah, we got a front row seat
Oh, to a life that can't be beat
Right here on easy street
It's our moment in the sun
And it's only just begun
It's time to have a little fun
And we're inviting you to come and see why you should be
On easy street
Yeah, we got a front row seat
Oh, to a life that can't be beat
Right here on easy street
'Cause the world is 'bout a treat
When you're on easy street
'Cause the world is 'bout a treat
When you're on easy street

Y/N knew that Dwight would listen in while the song played, so, there's no better way to nullify a torture method by pretending to enjoy it.

That's what Lukas taught him. Whenever Y/N lashed out at his brother or father, the pair would ensure to continue whatever pissed him off so he'd learn.

'Till death do us part'

Y/N knew what he wanted to do once he was free, kill Negan, rescue Louise, Daryl, Lucy and take the Saviors guns, go back to Alexandria and kill them all. But, it was a long shot and Y/N has figured that out.

The lock rattled, Y/N immediately reached into his shoe and pulled out the steak knife, taking cover beside the door.

It swung open with a creak, the Savior stood and arched an eyebrow, peeking to the other corner. Y/N then made his attack, two stabs to the stomach and a twist brought his the Savior to the ground. Y/N knelt down and took the man's pistol.

He sprinted out of the open cell, and to the right, bumping into a Savior wearing a flat cap. Y/N tried to stab the man, the Savior parried the attack and stopped once he got a glimpse to Y/N's face. "Daryl." Y/N muttered, pulling the man into a hug. "Come on."

The pair made their way into the garage, Joey was talking to Lucy. "It's only a little bit of fun." He said suggestively, moving his hand to cup her face.

Y/N threw the knife towards Joey, Lucy caught it and stabbed Joey in the throat. The fat man gurgled on blood, collapsing to the floor.

Y/N walked towards Lucy, he wiped the blood off her cheek and pulled her in for an embrace.

"Guys." A voice called out. The pair pulled away and saw Jesus stood by the gate.

Y/N took a key from Joey's pocket and Rick's Python, beneath him. He picked it up and passed it to Daryl. "What about Louise?" Lucy asked.

"I'm no use to her dead and that's what I will be if I go back in there."

Y/N got onto a motorbike, Lucy got on behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist and placing her head on his back.

They all took off, Y/N followed Daryl. "I think we're heading towards Hilltop!" Y/N shouted over the motorbike.

"Looks that way!" Lucy responded.

Y/N arrived at the Hilltop, a woman wearing a cap smiled as she saw the group come to a halt. The gates opened, Y/N and Daryl pushed their bikes into the community while Lucy hugged Maggie. "How's the baby?" Lucy questioned, placing her hand on Maggie's stomach.

"They're doing good, that's what the doc said."

Maggie glanced at Y/N then Daryl, the pair were filthy with dirt and Y/N's jumpsuit was blood stained. "Christ, y'all need a shower." Maggie joked, hugging them both individually. "Y/N, Sasha will get you some nice clothes and get your shower ready. Daryl, I'll get your shower ready and get you some clothes."

Y/N walked towards Sasha who held a weak smile. "Negan do anything to you?" Sasha asked.

"Held me in a cell for most my time there." Y/N answered. "How you holding up?"

Sasha shrugged. "I want to kill Negan, simple." Sasha went through a pile of clothes, passing Y/N a grey shirt, black jeans, which he personally liked. "I'll go run you your shower."

Y/N stepped out of the steaming shower, using a towel to dry himself. He walked towards the mirror and wiped the steam off it, now seeing he had a beard coming through and his hair was now long.

He rummaged through a cupboard and found a pair of scissors, grabbing his hair and using the scissors to trim it to a respectable length. He rubbed his stubble and shook his head, putting the scissors back into the cabinet.

He dressed himself into the clothes provided for him by Sasha, exiting the shower and walking back to where Maggie was. Y/N's heart thumped out of his chest at the sight of Rick, Michonne, Carl, Rosita and Tara stood at the gate.

Daryl and Rick were already in a hug, Michonne and Maggie embraced, Lucy and Tara hugged.

Y/N took a look at Carl and nodded, walking over to the kid and engulfing him into a hug. "How are you?"

"I've been okay." Carl responded, pulling out of the hug. "My dad will want to speak with you."

"He can wait."

Y/N glanced at Rosita who had a cut on her left cheek, he took a few steps towards her and pulled her in for a hug. "Who did it?" Y/N nodded to the stitched wound.

"Negan." She replied.

Y/N pulled away and sighed. "We'll get him, for Abe and Glenn."

Rosita weakly smiled as Y/N walked towards Rick. They both went in for a hug, Y/N patted Rick's back and chuckled. "Good to see you, brother."