CHAPTER 3 - ISOLATION

"You found 'em like this?" Rick asked to the shocked Tyreese. The bodies were smoking, burnt to a crisp.

"I came to see Karen. And I saw the blood on the floor." Suddenly, the African American's voice raised into a shout. "Somebody dragged them out here and set them on fire!" Tyreese then stepped in front of Rick, his chest puffed out. "You're a cop. You find out who did this and you bring 'em to me! You understand?"

Daryl grabbed Tyreese's shoulder and was pushed back. "I need to say it again?"

"No. No. I know what you're feeling. I've been there. You saw me there. It was dangerous." Said Rick, a futile attempt to calm Tyreese down.

"Karen didn't deserve this."

"No."

Daryl kissed his teeth and grabbed him again. "Come on man -"

Tyreese immediately spun around and pushed Daryl against a gate. "Man, I ain't going nowhere till I find out who did this!"

Rick and Y/N were ready to jump in but were stopped by Daryl putting a hand out, indicating for them to stop. "We're on the same side, man."

Rick attempted again. "I know what you're going through. We've all lost someone. Carol, Y/N, Daryl, me, you. We know what you're going through right now but you've got to calm down."

Tyreese snapped and pushed Rick back as Carol stepped between the pair.

"She wouldn't want you being like this."

Tyreese threw a right hook to Rick who fell, stunned

Tyreese threw a right hook to Rick who fell, stunned. As Rick tried recovering, Tyreese punched him again, blood spilling this time.

Daryl and Y/N held Tyreese back, hooking his arms behind his back. "That's enough." Y/N said as Rick spat out blood.

Rick stood up and threw a punch, Tyreese immediately fell. He kicked the black man in the stomach who grunted.

"Rick!" Daryl, Y/N, and Carol shouted but the mad man continued until Tyreese was bruised and beaten

Y/N and Daryl both nodded to each other, pulling Rick off of Tyreese. "Let go of me!"

"Calm down!" Y/N ordered as Rick began to come to terms with what he just did. He was falling back into his old ways...

Y/N was leaning on the wall in the courtyard, looking at everyone get on with their chores. Glenn walked past Y/N and smiled, nodding towards the field. "Lucy is over there. Go make friends."

"Fuck off."

He made his way towards Lucy who was practicing her archery. "Alright?"

"Yeah, you?"

He nodded and cleared his throat. "I forgot to ask. What happened when you... weren't here?" Y/N asked.

"I was with my friend. Jayden. He died and then I was alone. Daryl and Rick found me and here I am."

Y/N's lower lip hung out as he thought of more small talk. "Where's your family?"

"Dead."

"Oh. Sorry."

A firm hand on Y/N's shoulder broke the conversation, the southerner held his crossbow. "Me, you an' Michonne goin' on a run. I'm gonna need you, man. With everyone else dyin' and Rick being... how he is. You're the only other one."

"Saved by the bell. Talk later, Lucy."

Y/N and Daryl began walking towards the car where Michonne stood, she smiled as she saw the new member walking over.

"Y/N. Still wanna learn the katana?" She asked, bringing up the question before the big job.

"Fuck yeah."

Michonne chuckled and chucked a stick at him, clearing her throat. "Beginners practice. We move onto actual katanas next lesson."

He sighed and held the stick up. "I am Master Sensi."

Daryl laughed from behind the hood of the car.

Rather unfairly, Michonne went for a hit against Y/N, who lifted the stick up in time to block it. "Quick, efficient strikes will be enough to take down your opponent. Don't do useless or unnecessary swings, they'll only tire you. Have a rhythm too. A, B, A, A, B, C."

Michonne showed Y/N the rhythm, attempting to hit him with a range of strikes. Y/N surprisingly did well, keeping up with the master of her art. Until she started trying.

She hit Y/N side, causing him to hold it in pain. She then hit his knee, the young adult fell to the ground. "Lesson one ends."

"Does there have to be a lesson two?"

"Hey. Glad y'all are here. If you weren't, we'd be fucked." Daryl said.

"Same goes for you, red."

"Oh, and um. Bob and Tyreese comin' with."

"I call shotgun!"

The group of 5 sat in the car, Daryl drove, Y/N sat shotgun, Michonne, Tyreese and Bob sat in the back. "Hey, Michonne. I know you didn't run off. The  trail went cold. If anything was different I'd be out there with ya."

"Walkers!" Y/N shouted as Daryl swerved to avoid them. Y/N looked up from his lap and saw hundreds of more walkers, surrounding the car.

Daryl spun around in his seat and tried to reverse. "Grab something!"

The vehicle toppled several walkers, until a pile formed beneath the car, halting its movement. "We gonna have to make a run for it! Run into the woods, don't stop for nothin'."

The group exited the car, Y/N the first to make it to the tree line. Daryl and Michonne cleared out the walkers for Bob and Tyreese, who were getting surrounded.

Bob sprinted to the tree line, standing beside Y/N. "Come get me!" Tyreese yelled, walkers surrounding him.

Daryl and Michonne sighed in defeat, sprinting into the forest.

The group stood there and cleared the walkers, Y/N used his knife, Bob a knife, Michonne her katana and Daryl used his crossbow.

"Fucking hell." Y/N said, exhausted.

The bushes around them started rustling as Tyreese stepped out, blood and brains covered his body. Daryl lifted Tyreese up. "C'mon!"