CHAPTER 15 - CODA

You massaged the bridge of your nose, looking down you saw one of the officers you had captive running away from the building. "Ty, do you see that?"

Tyreese had already began running down the flight of stairs to reach the officers. Rick was following him in the police car, using the radio to tell him to stop.

You aimed in with your M4, looking through the 4x sight at the unravelling situation. Rick asked two more times before putting his foot on the pedal, hitting the man in the back.

 Rick asked two more times before putting his foot on the pedal, hitting the man in the back

Rick stepped out the car and began talking to the crippled officer

Rick stepped out the car and began talking to the crippled officer. He then unholstered his Magnum and fired a round into the man's head, killing him within an instant.

Rick walked back into the building, with no prisoner. You knew what had took place.

The others... They didn't.

Rick collared you and Daryl. "He didn't stop running."

"This change things?" Daryl asked, crossbow strapped on his back.

"We had three, now we have two." You commented.

"We gotta rethink this. Back to Plan A."

"They said the cop in charge didn't have any love for him. Maybe you did her a favor." Daryl told.

"I don't know if they'll play ball."

"Let's find out." You responded, glancing back at the other cops. 

The three of you walked over to the restrained cops as the female spoke, "He was a good man. He was attacked by rotters. Saw it go down."

"You're a damn good liar." Rick shot back.

"We're hanging by a thread here. He was attacked by rotters. That's the story."

"You said the trade was a bad idea. What changed?" Daryl asked.