CHAPTER 2 - INFECTED

Glenn stared at the sleeping Maggie, smiling to himself. He reached into his bag and pulled out a camera which he took from the store two nights ago.

He crawled closer to her, stifling his laughter. The camera clicks and Maggie's eyes dart open. Glenn broke and started giggling ever so slightly as the polariod prints the picture off. "Sorry." He apologies, still giggling.

Maggie smiled and dug her head into the pillow. "Changing of the guard?"

"Yeah. I'll bring you breakfast after the perimeter check."

The pair shared a kiss and Glenn stood up, climbing down from the watchtower.

Glenn walked past the fruit garden, Y/N crouched picking berries. "Hey." Glenn greeted, kneeling next to him.

"Alright?"

"I'm good. Always the early bird, aren't you?"

Y/N smiled and stood up, patting Glenn on the back. "Someone has to be, otherwise we'll all starve."

The pair walked into the prison courtyard where gunshots and screams startled them.

"HELP!" Lizzie shouted, sprinting out of the prison block.

"Walkers in D!"

Rick came sprinting over, stopping beside Y/N and Glenn. "WHAT ABOUT C?!"

"CLEAR! It ain't a breach neither."

Daryl, Tyreese, Glenn, Sasha, Y/N and Rick all took weapons and sprinted into the cell block, dozens of people screaming.

"Daryl, Y/N, find them walkers!" Rick ordered. "You! Are you bit? EVERYONE OUT!"

Daryl picked up a kid on the floor and shot a walker with his crossbow, placing the child on the floor next to her parents.

Y/N took the left side of the sleeping quarters, unsheathing his knife, stabbing a walker in his skull.

Another man was attacked by a walker, Glenn this time taking care of it.

"Karen! Karen!" Tyreese yelled for his girlfriend, finding her in a cell. The pair embraced, a weight lifted off his shoulders. "Thank God."

"This floor clear?!"

"Up here!" A man shouted.

Y/N, Daryl, Glenn and Rick went up the stairs, clearing each room. A walker bolted out of a cell and pinned itself against Glenn, "Duck!" Daryl shouted.

He fired an arrow at the walker, pulling Glenn back to his feet. "Thanks."

"That's all of them." Y/N said, wiping his knife on the walker's trouser. "What fucking caused this?"

The attack was over, all the families of the victims crowded their corpses and cried.

Y/N and Daryl stood beside each other, the redneck points to Y/N's knife, the blade curved.