CHAPTER 26 - THE NEXT WORLD

Y/N was sat on the bed, Louise and Olivia were sat in the corner, Olivia told stories and sang quietly.

The noises downstairs didn't let off, pounding and snarling from the dead continued for what felt like hours. Y/N looked down at his blood stained hands and sighed, getting to his feet. "Walkers should clear soon, you should both get some rest." Y/N whispered, taking a seat this time on the floor.

"Why don't you go bed, huh, Lulu?" Olivia asked. Louise made her way to her bed that was beside Ellie's, climbing onto before pulling the duvet over herself. Olivia smiled lightly to herself and walked over to Y/N, sitting beside him. "You did the right thing, Y/N."

Killing like that, without remorse for a person he used to have Sunday dinner's with, it confused him. Like he was numb to the feeling of killing, or death.

Maybe there was too much going on for him to feel anything. Perhaps that's one thing his father did for him.

"She didn't deserve to turn. Now, Lulu is orphaned and we're parents at 23."

Olivia placed her index and middle finger on Y/N's jaw, tilting her hand so he was looking at her. "You're gonna be a good father figure to her, y'know that. Your brother, as much of an asshole he sounds, he's probably hoping that either Ellie is looking after her, or you."

Y/N smiled lightly and sighed. "If I lose anyone else - I don't think I can come back, Liv." He blinked several times and stifled a laugh. "I -"

Screams from outside rung out once more, until a gun was fired. Y/N jumped to his feet and looked outside the window, Rick carried Carl as Michonne took care of the walkers close to them. Suddenly, the bedroom door fell off its hinges as walkers made their way into the room.

Y/N sprinted and shoulder barged the walkers back, lifting the door and pushed it against the frame, using his body weight against the walkers. "Out of the window and onto the roof!"

"What about you?!"

"Just fucking listen to me, Liv!"

Olivia shook her head and opened the bathroom door, placing Louise inside. "Lock the door for me." Olivia said.

Louise followed the instructions and locked the door as Olivia climbed up to the roof from the window.

Y/N leaped away from the door and reached for the shotgun on the bed, firing two rounds at the herd. Y/N then unsheathed his knife, taking out three walkers with relative ease before he got overwhelmed.

A walker lunged at Y/N who weaved out the way, firing a bullet at it. Y/N dove for cover on the otherside of the bed, using it as a way to have only one walker coming at him at a time.

Bullets from the hallway began firing as they made their way into the room. "Friendly in here, asshole!" Y/N shouted as he ducked to avoid the bullets.

All the walkers fell dead, a familiar ginger stood with a M4 in hand. "Good to see you're out of that right pickle there, son. Oh, it's fine. You're welcome, kid."

"Thank you." Y/N stood up and jumped over the piles of bodies to the bathroom door. "Lulu, the monsters aren't here anymore!"

The door didn't open. No noise. Nothing.

Y/N kicked the door open and saw Louise in the bathtub, in her dead mother's arms. "Lulu..." He mumbled, picking her up. "Is it safe now, Abe?"

"It's sure as shit dandy out there." Abraham responded. "Where's your girl?"

"Up here!"

Olivia carefully climbed down from the roof and entered back through the window. "Y/N, I think your little prickle is gonna dingle when you see who's back." Abraham said.