CHAPTER 13 - FOUR WALLS AND A ROOF

The church was quiet, half of the group was out and the others were asleep other than you, Maggie, Glenn, and Lucy.

Gabriel was at the altar, lighting all his candles as Sasha, Tyreese and Rick came stroming into the Holy place.

"This is all connected. You show up, we're being watched, and now three of us are gone." Sasha broke the silence, pointing her finger at the Father.

"I... I don't... I don't have anything to do with this."

Sasha suddenly unsheathed her knife, you and Rosita jump out of your seats. "He didn't do nothing. He's been here the whole time." You butted in, your comment ignored.

"Where are they?"

"I don't have anything to do with this."

"Where are our people?! Where are our people?!"

"Please, I don't have anything to do with this."

Sasha was pulled away by Rick who took the spot infront of Gabriel. "Why did you bring us here? You working with someone?"

"I'm alone. I'm alone." He repeated, taking a step back.

"Rick, fucking cut it out." You butted in again, Rick ignored you.

"What about the woman in the food bank, Gabriel? What did you do to her? 'You'll burn for this.' That was for you. Why? What are you gonna burn for, Gabriel?" Rick then lunged forward, grabbing Gabriel by his collar. "What did you do?!" His voice booming on the 'what'.

"I lock the doors at night. I always lock the door at night. They started coming, my congregation. Atlanta was bombed the night before and they were scared. They were looking for a safe place, a place where the felt safe. And it was so early. It was so early. And the doors were still locked. You see... it was my choice. There were so many of them and they were trying to pry the shutters and banging on sidings, screaming at me. And so the dead came for them. Entire families calling my name as they were torn apart, begging me for mercy. The Lord sent you here to finally punish me." Gabriel started sobbing, his cries becoming uncontrollable.

The focus was taken off Gabriel as whistling was heard outside. "There's someone outside. There's someone outside lying in the grass."

Sasha sprinted outside and there Bob was, on the floor, barely conscious with his missing leg. "What the fuck..."

Walkers came out of the bushes, you and Glenn step forward. "Get Bob inside, we'll deal with the walkers."

You took your hatchet, slamming it into one of the pursuing walker's skull. Rick went to take one out but a gun shot from the woods beat him, another bullet narrowly missed him. "Get inside!" He shouted, firing blankly.

You sprinted inside, Rick close behind you. After he sprinted inside, you both barricaded the doors, guns in hand.

Bob began telling Sasha what happened along with the rest of the group. "I was in the graveyard. Someone knocked me out. I woke up, outside this place. It looked like a school. It was that guy, Gareth. And five other ones. They were eating my leg right in front of me. Like it was nothing. All proud like they had it all figured out."

"Did they have Daryl and Carol?" Rick asked.

"Gareth said they drove off."

"I'll get the first aid." You mumbled as Bob began groaning in discomfort.

"Save 'em." He replied. He sat up and pulled down his shirt, his flesh on his shoulder missing. "I was bit while at the food bank."

Sasha teared up and put him back on his back. You blew raspberries and paced around. "Rick, we need to find that cannibalistic prick and fucking kill him. Along with his friends."