CHAPTER 54 - BONDS

Y/N, Rosita, Carl, Gabriel and Daryl were searching for the escapee, Negan Smith, who managed to escape his cell

Y/N, Rosita, Carl, Gabriel and Daryl were searching for the escapee, Negan Smith, who managed to escape his cell. During Y/N's trip to Alexandria, The Hilltop was attacked by The Whisperers, a tree was cut down and broke down a section of the wall, ontop of that, every few hours walkers were attacking, sent by the Whisperers.

Daryl suggested to go back to Hilltop but Y/N refused, claiming King Ezekiel and Michonne had it under control and that they should focus of Negan and Alexandria.

Y/N held a bolt-action in his right hand, Daryl held his Tactical Crossbow, Rosita had a pistol and Carl had his dad's Python. "We should split up. Cover twice as much ground." Daryl suggested before further boasting his claim, "You know how to track, so do I. You, Gabriel and Carl take the right, me and Rosita take the left. Meet up at the boarder just before sundown."

Y/N nodded and glanced at Gabriel and Carl, "Run into trouble, head back to Alexandria, that's our secondary meet up." The group now split off into two separate groups.

An hour had passed, Carl and Gabriel spoke about Alexandria and how far they've come, they tried to get Y/N to engage into the conversation but the 34 year old ignored them, rather deciding to focus on the task at hand. "We've come a long way." Carl commented, "Hiding in that church to all of us leading communities." Carl and Gabriel chuckled, "You remember the Church, Y/N?"

Of course he did. The animalistic behaviour he oozed alongside Rick and Daryl. The trio did anything and everything to keep the people they loved alive. The way he decided to get some rest beside Lucy, the way he slaughtered the cannibals from Terminus, painful and slow.

"Y/N?" Carl raised an eyebrow and received a nudge from Gabriel. "Sorry. Where are we going?"

"Try the lake down here, if he's not here, we try the clearing a little while away." Y/N told.

The Alpha was sat in her shelter made from sticks and twigs when one of her people entered with their head slumped. Nick didn't say anything, he simply rolled up his sleeve and showed his mother that he had a fresh bandage on his palm for the injury he sustained a few days ago. "The brother of the leader of Hilltop gave it to me. I don't know what that-"

"Shhhh." Alpha hushed, "Sit." Madison motioned to the open spot in front of her. Alpha leaned forward and took of her son's walker skin mask, placing it to her side. "We've all had to wear different masks at different times. Call it a kinda sacrifice. Your sister is a traitor, yet you still wear the first mask she gave to you."

"I'm loyal to you, mother." Nick responded before being harshly slapped.

"I am your Alpha." Alpha straightened her posture, "The brother could prove useful. You might just have to wear a new mask."