CHAPTER 55 - THE WORLD BEFORE

Y/N and Olivia stared into the glowing stars, the couple held hands and their arms were pressed against each other. The sky was clear, the moon was visible and the wildlife seemed to be in harmony. It was as if the end of the world never happened.

The people of Woodbury enjoyed their time, a mandatory curfew was in order but Philip made some exceptions for Y/N. Bars were open during the day for people to relax and kill time, people could even go grocery shopping.

Although there was a growing worry over the dangers of an attack from a nearby community, they all stayed loyal and faithful to the man who kept them inside safe walls.

That night, Merle returned, he had a broken nose as he had fought a woman, Michonne Hawthorne, who he claimed killed all of his men but the walkers were able to get her.

He also returned with a vehicle and two hostages, an Asian Male and a White Female. That was the only thing that was on Y/N's mind.

He stood up and Olivia arched an eyebrow at his sudden movement, "What's up?"

"I'm gonna check on Merle." Y/N told, climbing down from the ladder, Olivia followed.

Daryl arrived back from The Hilltop with Carol with a prisoner, Daryl informed him that they went across the border and found him watching them. "Get out. We need the cell." Daryl told Alicia, he swung the gate open and the young adult exited the cell.

Carol pushed the blind folded man into the cell and slammed it shut. Alicia then left, Carol followed to get more information. Y/N turned to Daryl and sighed, "We gonna deal with him?"

"I'll deal with the fallout of the council, try an' convince 'em that we need to do this. Keep an eye on him."

Daryl then left the cell and the prisoner chuckled. Y/N stayed silent and the Whisperer cleared his throat, "Your wife and kid is dead." His voice was scratchy and hoarse, you could tell he hadn't drank anything in days. "I saw the way you cried when you saw their heads." The Whisperer continued, "Your brother told you not to look, yet, you still did. We'll kill your son next."

"What part of you do you want to lose first?" Y/N asked, "Your fingers? Your teeth? Your balls?" Y/N chuckled and took off his eyepatch, "Or an eye?"

An hour had passed, Carol and Daryl had returned with Gabriel and a tray of food. Carol entered the cell and placed the tray beside the man and then took a seat on the wooden chair in front of him. "Let's get started." She pulled the cover off the tray, bread were on a plate in the middle with a selection of pots of sauces: strawberry, apple, and honey. There was also butter and vegetables, tomatoes and cucumbers. "So, what's it gonna be? Honey, Jam or butter?" Carol asked. Y/N knew what the older woman was doing, using her housewife facade to make the Whisperer feel safe. "Strawberry or apple?" She pointed at the pots with the butter knife.

The man looked confused at the offer and the treatment, he looked at Carol. "All of it."

"Not a problem." Carol responded with a smile. She put the strawberry on first before speaking, "We got plenty here." She then put some apple sauce on it. "For lunch, I was thinking salted fish. Y/N makes the best salted fish, ain't that right?"

Y/N decided to play along, knowing the next course of action would be violence. "Sure do. Catch 'em fresh from Oceanside."

"What do you want?" The man asked quickly.