CHAPTER 29 - LAST DAY ON EARTH

The next morning, Rick gathered up remaining trusted people to aid him in transporting Maggie to Hilltop. She had apparently felt pain in her stomach and Rick figured it was better to be safe than sorry. The RV was being stored with equipment, weapons, blankets, food, water, even spare clothes. Better safe than sorry.

Y/N climbed into the RV and placed a weapon beneath the table in the corner, using tape to keep the holster in place. He also placed a pistol in the toilet in case of emergency.

Y/N, Rick, Carl, Abraham, Sasha, Eugene, Maggie and Aaron all entered the RV.

The RV drove off past the walls of Alexandria, down the narrow road leading to the community.

Eugene sat beside Y/N and cleared his throat. "My deepest condolences for what happened to your other half. I am partly responsible for -"

"It's fine, Eugene. You didn't know she was there." Y/N forgave, lightly smiling at him. "We need to focus on the mission at hand, nothing clouding our judgement."

Rick and Maggie spoke while Abraham drove the RV, Sasha in the passenger seat. Carl stood near Abraham and so did Aaron.

After a few minutes of driving, Abraham slowed down. "What the bitch?"

Y/N stood up with his M4 and so did Rick, looking out from the driver's seat. "Enemy close." Y/N called out.

Eight men stood in the road, all armed with AK-47's. Three cars sat behind them and a man layed on the floor, covered in blood. "We doing this?" Abraham asked Rick.

Rick held the back of Abraham's seat. He didn't answer and just walked outside, jumping down from the RV. Abraham stopped the vehicle, foot on the pedal in case of emergency.

The group followed him, Y/N, Eugene, Aaron, Carl, Sasha and Abraham. Rick put his hands in the air, still holding his AK.

"He's someone who was with a whole lot of someones who didn't listen

"He's someone who was with a whole lot of someones who didn't listen." The man with the mustache said, pointing at the man on the floor.

Y/N assumed he was the ring leader, or at least 'Negan's' right hand man.

"We can make a deal, right here, right now." Rick suggested, not adjusting his gaze off the ring leader.

"That's right, we can. Give us all your stuff. We'll probably have to kill one of you. That's just the way it is, but then we can start moving forward on business. All you have to do is listen."

The silence was loud. Rick mumbled, "Yeah..." while lowering his hands. "That deal is not gonna work for us." He adjusted his hold on the AK, making it easier for himself to open fire. "Fact is, I was about to ask you for all your stuff, only I'm thinking I don't have to kill any of you. Anymore of you."

A man on the ring leader's right started shaking a spray can, spraying the man on the floor. The ring leader scratched his nose and chuckled. "Sorry, my deal is the only deal. We don't negotiate."

Rick took a moment and twirled his fingers in the air. "Me and my people are leaving." The others began moving back to the RV, Y/N stood beside the door, backup incase things go bad.

"Okay, friend." The ring leader waved. "Plenty of ways to get to where you're going."

Rick stopped beside Y/N, turning to face the Saviors. "You want to make today your last day on earth?"

"No, but that is a good thing to bring up. Think about it. What if it's the last on earth for you? For someone you love? What if that's true? Maybe you should be extra nice to those people in that RV, cause you never know..." The ring leader snapped his fingers. "Just like that. Be kind to each other. Like you said... like it was your last day on earth."

Rick nodded and faced Y/N before turning back. "You do the same."

The pair entered the RV as Abraham slowly backed away. Y/N rubbed his forehead and turned to Rick. "Fuck we gonna do? They know exactly where we're going and they probably have people all on those roads."

"We go to Shelton Road, Abraham, good visibility, we'd be able to see them before they attack. It's a while out but at least we won't get shot."

Y/N was sat beside Maggie, passing her a bottle of water. "Has my God-Child kicked?" Y/N asked, a warm smile on his face.

"Not yet. They will, though. I'm thinking of naming it Beth." Maggie said.

"And if it's a boy?"

"Hershel. Maybe even Glenn Jr." The pair chuckled. "Glenn loves you, you know that? You gave him hope in humanity and what you did... to get us out of Woodbury. We'll never forget that. And, I would've asked you to be the God-Father but... I didn't want to burden it on you."

Y/N raised an eyebrow and shook his head immediately. "Maggie, being the God-Father of your child, my best friend's child... definitely a highlight of my life." The pair smiled at each other before Y/N bid farewell.

"Bitch nuts." Abraham said from the front, Y/N made his way to him and saw the road blocked again, this time by more people. "What's the plan, Rick?"

"Go back, slowly."

They fired their guns but Abraham continued with the order, doing a 180 and driving off back down the road. "They want us North, Rick. They're blocking us and trying to pin us in. To surrender." Y/N told.

The RV went a few miles South until they looped around, going a different Route.

It was night time and the group had decided it was better if a everyone of them went on foot with Maggie and left Eugene to occupy the RV, have the Saviors think that they are playing along.

Y/N had his M4 in hand and went to Rick. "I'm gonna go ahead, you keep the others safe. I'll loop back round. If you hear a bullet, go into the other part of the forest, okay?"

Rick nodded and brought Y/N in for a hug. "Good luck, brother."

"Stay safe, Y/N." Abraham called out.

Y/N went off into the dark, the only noises were him breaking leaves and twigs.

Y/N heard faint whistling in the distance as he continued making his way through the forest.

A branch snapped behind him and he spun around, his M4 was knocked out of his hand and was hit square in the face.

Y/N fell to the ground by threw dirt at the attacker's face, taking his knife out of it's sheath and he tackled the man to the ground.

Y/N slashed the man's cheek and then planted the knife into his thigh.

The man let out a yelp and kicked Y/N off, throwing several punches to the kid. The man whistled and turned on his flashlight.

"Dad..."