CHAPTER 65 - NEW HAUNTS

A year later

Y/N was sat in his small condo, he had a cigarette in his mouth and had his feet put up on the table.

A lot of people from Alexandria joined the Commonwealth, Carol, Daryl, Y/N, Rosita, Marcus, Ezekiel, Judith, Alicia, Nick, Jerry, Eugene, Yumiko and many more.

Y/N and Rosita made it official they were dating a few months ago, they kept quiet about the kiss and were avoiding each other until they were forced to talk due to work reasons.

The door swung open, Alex ran in and placed his bag by the door, closing it as he entered the lounge. The 11-year-old wore an outfit, it looked like he tried to dress up as Iron Man. "Hey, dad." He greeted, standing in front of him.

"You seem chipper. What's up?" Y/N put out his cigarette and opened a window, a way for all the smoke to escape.

"It's Halloween and... I'm meeting with a girl who's a friend." Alex turned red as he looked to his feet. "It's nothing serious-"

"You want condoms?"

"What? Hell no. I-That's inappropriate for my age, Mr Lawton said I shouldn't do any of that until I'm 18."

"I'm messing with you. I've got work in an hour or so... I could drop you off if you wanted." He offered. Alex shuffled awkwardly and then chuckled.

"I'm meeting with her in 10. Sorry."

"It's good. I remember when I was young and in love. Sorry, when I was young and had friend who's a girl. Just behave yourself."

Alex nodded, "I will."

Y/N left his condo and slammed his door shut, he walked down a couple of steps and saw Rosita outside of her apartment, which was opposite his. "Your place getting any better?" Asked Y/N.

"Hell no. No, I think this place is literally made out of paper."

"You could always stay with me." Y/N titled his head and walked down the remainder of the stairs, meeting Rosita halfway. "Just an offer."

"An offer I'm going to have to refuse." Rosita rubbed her forehead and the pair began walking to work. "Worrying about money again... I'm still not used to it."

"I never got used to it. I always bought new games and shit for L..." Y/N stayed quiet, remembering his ginger niece. "I was really shit with money."

"My brother was bad with money, too." Rosita's hand grazed Y/N's but neither of them said anything. "It's still weird. Being a part of the military."

"They broke in! They climbed a ladder to get in, they couldn't of gotten far, though." The old lady panicked as she escorted the two Commonwealth guards through the hallway. "One was a male and the other was a woman." They turned a corner and the woman pointed at the pair who stood in the corridor. "That's them."

Eugene and Princess began their sprint down the corridor, Y/N passed his partner his weapon and began his sprint after the two intruders. Princess made it out of the window, before Eugene could, Y/N shoulder barged him into a wall, he smashed his face against it, harshly, as Y/N began to handcuff him. "I'll try get you out of this but you fucked up, Eugene." Y/N turned to his partner, "Stay with him, radio Mercer and I'll get the girl." Y/N climbed out the window and slid down the slope, he saw Princess sprinting through a crowded town centre. "Shit." He mumbled, he took off his white helmet and began a full-pelt sprint.

Mercer's rough and tedious training exercises were paying off as Y/N was just out of grabbing distance from Princess. He weaved out of the of a table and then leaped towards Princess, tackling her to the ground.

He placed his knee on her back and got another pair of handcuffs, cuffing Princess' hands behind her back. "What were you doing?"

"Stephanie's been missing, Eugene found a lead."

"You shouldn't of got involved."

The cell door unlocked, Lance entered alongside his armed guard, Y/N. "I just got back in town. What the hell, you two?" Lance opened his notepad and began reading to the two prisoners. "Roman Calhoun is exactly who he says he is. He's a plumber at Ruby's." Lance passed Eugene the sheet of paper. "Even both L/N's searched the place, nothing abnormal."

"But what about the kidnap kit we found in his closet. Those weapons are illegal." Princess pointed out.

"For you. He's a full citizen, he has a licence. A lot of us have go-bags. Even people who have been here for years." Lance dragged the metal chair at the foot of the bed and sat down. "I told Calhoun your story, told him about Stephanie. Explained everything you've been through, the mental anguish that it's caused you. And he has agreed to not press charges. But. You have to leave him alone. Think of it as a sort of restraining order." Lance motioned to Y/N, "Officer L/N has been handed a promotion by me and Mercer, you can be like him. A good deed can make your life here. Officer L/N will have a warrant to search either of your apartments, and the warrant was signed by Pamela Milton." Lance cleared his voice, "It is fair, most people don't get this much leeway."

A pounding on Y/N's door startled him, he stood up from the couch and swung the door open, Eugene was stood there, pale and he was sweating. His eyebags were purple and blue, and his eyes were bloodshot. "You knew?" He titled his head.

"Knew what?"

"That Stephanie wasn't Stephanie!" Eugene shouted, "You knew, right?! You aren't family!"

"Lance saved us, we were going to starve and he stopped that from happening. You're smart but you didn't know went to stop looking."

"Hoss, I wish you were hit with the bat instead of Abraham, he was a good man and put his family first, unlike you."

"Be grateful, Lance and Axel wanted you dead, to disappear. I was so involved I stopped them, and now you're are one fuck up away from screwing us over."

"Damn you." Eugene balled his fist and threw a punch at Y/N who moved back and back-handed Eugene to the floor.

"Get in." Y/N grabbed Eugene by his collar and dragged him in. "I'm playing the game, Eugene. Something you need to try. Trying to think of something smart... Trojan horse! Pretend to be their friend, learn their secrets and get them to trust you. Then go for the kill."