CHAPTER 10 - THE PLAN

You was sat in the bunker, SMG on your lap as you waited for Lucy to awake. After what that man did, you couldn't sleep. Couldn't leave her. You wanted her to wake up and kill him herself.

Lucy shifted as she kicked the blanket off herself, massaging her bruise as the memories started pouring back into her mind.

She looked up at you and you sofly smiled at her and then nodded down back to the man. "He's the one who did it. He's all yours. After you're finished we head North, ain't nothing nice over here."

She stood up and took your knife out of your holster, walking over to the unconscious man. "Did he - did he say anything?"

You shook your head and licked the inside of your cheek, sighing deeply. "Nothing. Wait for him to wake up, don't. I'll go pack our shit."

You stood up and opened your duffle bag, folding your blankets and spare clothes at the bottom. You then went to the shelves, putting any food and drink in the remaining bags.

You turned around as Lucy plunged your knife into the man's skull. Lucy turned to you, tears in her eyes. "Hey." You muttered, embracing her which she melted into. "You're okay. We're gonna find somewhere safe."

You pulled away and cupped her face, rubbing her cheek with your thumb. "Now, come on. I don't wanna smell that fucking stench these cunts are gonna produce."

The two of you exited the bunker and back into the snowy exterior, which had started to melt. "North, stop until we find somewhere to stay."

♤♤♤

Night had fell as you began to secure the perimeter, using string wrapped around the surrounding trees and cans that the pair of you had eaten throughout the day.

Lucy was preparing food over the campfire, a whitetail squirrel was the aforementioned food. You sat beside her and placed your SMG on your side.

"The food's almost done. I'll take watch for the night." Lucy said, flipping the rabbit on its other side.

"Nah, you need rest. I'll take watch and don't even try and argue." You replied, picking the squirrel up. "You have the other one."

You picked a piece of meat off the cooked animal, putting it in your mouth as you lick your fingers. "According to that sign, we head North out of these woods we follow that train track to get to Terminus. Shouldn't be too difficult."

Lucy nodded and you both finished your food, throwing the bones outside of the perimeter.

"Y/N."

You grunted.

"Thank you. For everything. For keeping me safe. For - for being here."

You turned to face her as she smiled. You took her hand and placed your forehead on hers. "Thank you for being you."

You lean in and she reciprocated the action until you hear a rattle of cans behind you, startling the pair of you.

You unsheath your knife and shine a flashlight into the darkness, a walker tangled in the string. You stand up and pull back your right hand before slamming your knife into the top of it's skull.

You let the walker thud onto the floor and you walked back to Lucy, stomping on the fire. "This place clearly ain't safe. We get outta these woods now." You said, stuffing your stuff into the duffle bag. "You've got a minute, now."