CHAPTER 49 - EVOLUTION

Y/N SPLASHED THE WATER ONTO HIS STAINED CRIMSON FACE, washing away the blood and any remaining dirt. He shook his head and dried his face and hair. The run into the city with Layla was a day ago now, the pair made it back to The Hilltop after a little run in with walkers just after leaving the hospital.

Y/N made it into the house he, Tyler and a construction team had made. In fact, everyone had a house. The Hilltop was now similar to Alexandria in a way. The walls had been expanded and improved with metal sheeting. Several agricultural buildings made which were made by Maggie's blueprints she a week after she left.

He walked two steps at a time and went into the bathroom, he decided it was time to shave after around a year of Lucy moaning about his beard.

"You getting rid of it?" The ginger asked while she leaned on the white door frame, "Mom will be happy."

"That's why. She keeps yapping about it, she's worse than Duke sometimes." Y/N motioned to the Labrador Retriever wagging his tail beside Louise. Y/N turned to the mirror and stopped.

Philip Blake. That's who he saw looking back at him. "Dad?" Louise knocked Y/N out of his thoughts.

He took off the eyepatch and placed it on the side of the sink, Louise grimaced at the sight of the wound

He took off the eyepatch and placed it on the side of the sink, Louise grimaced at the sight of the wound. "I will never ever get used to that." She mumbled.

Y/N placed his hands on either side of the sink, he lowered his head so he was looking into the drain, "Go check on your brother, will you? I'll be down in a minute."

Louise hesitantly agreed and patted her thigh which made Duke follow her.

After she walked down the stairs, Y/N used his heel to flick the door closed. He then looked back up to the mirror and saw Glenn behind him.

"Everything's going good." The dead man commented.

Y/N exhaled deeply with his eyes closed, they then opened after mere seconds. "It's been a while." Y/N spoke lowly, "You here to do what you usually? Mock me? Tell me that's it's my fault?"

Glenn scoffed and shook his head, "That's their job."

Y/N blinked and then Lukas and Negan were there rather than Glenn. "How you doing, son?" Lukas asked, he looked like he did before he died. A chunk of his neck missing, teeth stained a crimson red, his chin smothered in blood.

Negan was dressed and looked the same he did on that night. Red scarf around his neck, a black leather jacket, a chain looped around his belt buckle, Lucille slung over his shoulder with pieces of flesh from both Glenn and Abraham hanging off the bloody barbed wire.

Y/N ran his hands over his face and took his eyepatch and placed it back over his eye, he left the bathroom and slammed it shut behind him.

He walked down the stairs and saw Louise, Duke and Alex, Y/N and Lucy's biological son.