CHAPTER 52 - THE CALM BEFORE

Dreamcatcher in the rearview mirror
Hasn't caught a thing yet
Twenty dollars in souvenirs
Anything's worth trying
To stay out of your nightmares
Few hours in your dream last night
Always end up dying
You said because of course I did
Always managed to move in
Right next to cemeteries
And never far from hospitals
I don't know what that tells you about me
Pulling thorns out of my palm
Working midnight surgery
When you cut a hole into my skull
Do you hate what you see?
Like I do

Dreamcatcher in the rearview mirrorHasn't caught a thing yetTwenty dollars in souvenirsAnything's worth tryingTo stay out of your nightmaresFew hours in your dream last nightAlways end up dyingYou said because of course I didAlways managed to move...

Y/N and Lucy kept their lips pressed together, until he eventually pulled away and placed his forehead against hers. "I love you." He mumbled, running circles on her neck, "I'm sorry I haven't... been around much." He started, welling up slightly, "I feel like an asshole letting you raise Alex and Louise on your own." He pulled away and looked into her eyes, "After this shit with the Fair at The Kingdom is done, after I find someone I can rely on to look after the kids and The Hilltop, we'll go on vacation. Find a quiet, warm, isolated, beautiful place, The Grand Canyon. We could go Paris..."

Lucy smiled sheepishly and kissed Y/N swiftly, "I'd love that."

The door to Y/N's office opened, Louise smiled lightly at her 'parents', "Can we bring Noah to the Fair with us?"

Y/N chuckled, "Yes, but, you don't run off with him behind our backs and we all panic because you've disappeared. Be adults. And he isn't riding with us. I don't you two to be kissing in front of your little brother, Lulu."

"I hate that name."

"It's your nickname. Everyone called you it when you was younger." Y/N told, "Get your brother, he's coming with us. While we're gone, Marcus is gonna have to be in charge."

Y/N arrived at The Kingdom, Alex let out an audible gasp at the sight of the Fair. The young boy had never seen anything like it, nor another community other than The Hilltop. "How'd they get that up there?!" He asked, pointing at the inflatable balloon of a Tiger,

"That's Shiva, a Tiger. Was a Tiger. She actually saved King Ezekiel when the outbreak started, this is his homage to her." Informed Y/N.

"King Ezekiel?!" Alex giggled at the name, "Is he royalty?"

"You'll see when we meet him." Y/N responded to which Louise and Lucy chuckled, "A real character he is."

"Do you not like him?" Alex asked yet another question.

Y/N shrugged and parked the car inside The Kingdom's open gates,  he took the keys out of the ignition and placed them in his pocket. "Not my type of person."

"He means he doesn't like him." Louise whispered into her brother's ear and he chuckled, "Dad's gonna aggressive yet not be aggressive. Like he usually is to people he don't like."

"No saying this to Ezekiel, this is us trying to be social and help our community. C'mon." Y/N opened his car door and shut it, his family then exited the car.