Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

****

As Jin was all set to go out on his date with Jungkook, he sent Taehyung a text message to inform him that he was going out and the restaurant where he would be eating at.

Given that they were no longer living together and that Taehyung was aware Jin was getting back into the dating world and going on several dates with different people, Taehyung had requested he share his whereabouts as it made him feel better.

Jin took a photo of himself and then sent it to Taehyung with the following message attached to it: "if I go missing, you can tell them that I was last seen wearing this."

He had gotten a response from Taehyung almost instantly, saying, "not funny. Have a good time, and do not hesitate to call me. Jimin and I are going to an appointment."

Jin put his phone away and walked out of his room with a smile. He went toward his kitchen because he heard a noise coming from there, but he stopped when he saw something that alarmed him.

"Jungkook, what are you doing?" He was confused since almost all the food items from his cabinet were on the kitchen countertops.

"You have many products that have passed their expiration date. I am going to dispose of them." Jungkook stated as he made eye contact with Jin.

Jin pressed his lips together; he gave himself a moment, then spoke, "those are still good! Please leave them where they are; thank you very much!"

"Seokjin, they have reached their expiration date. Have you completely lost all concern about the stuff you put into your body? It seems to me that this is the reason why..."

"I will not go on another date with you if you so much as whisper one word about diarrhea!"

"I had no intention of saying it in a hushed voice. I am a person who has no problem expressing my thoughts in a very direct way. I assumed you were already familiar with this information.

Furthermore, just so we are clear, I was not going to talk about the problems you have had in the past; rather, I was going to bring up the possibility of future ones that could happen if you continue to consume food that is past its expiration date." Jungkook emphasized as he pointed to the food items in front of him.

As Jin understood that Jungkook would never let him forget about the event and always find a way to bring it up whenever they saw each other, he felt his frustration rise.

"I lied about it. It never happened. Back then, I had no interest in being around you. So quit bringing it up! You bring it up so goddamn often as if the idea of me having diarrhea excites you. What the heck is wrong with you? And even if I had, is this the way you would make someone feel about something that may have been a humiliating event in their life?"

After making his way over to where Jin was standing, Jungkook addressed him and said, "There is a definite trend with you and lying. I am dismayed by your capacity to lie so casually and spectacularly, but it is to be anticipated that you will have certain flaws in your character. Because of this, I am going to overlook it.

Regarding my making reference to the past, it is not within my intentions to bring up any of the embarrassing situations that you have experienced in the past; however, due to my concern for your well-being, I mentioned it in the hopes that you will not experience any other situations that are comparable to those, particularly when you are in the presence of somebody who may not be as thoughtful about your well-being as I was.

However, you do not need to worry since there is no longer any need for me to be concerned about it since it was a deceptive act. Since we have concluded our discussion, I would appreciate it if we proceed with our date without any other unwanted complications."