Chapter 28

Diamond

It was now Wednesday morning, I woke up around seven am because my first day of cosmetology class was finally here, I had everything I needed and I was ready to go

It was now Wednesday morning, I woke up around seven am because my first day of cosmetology class was finally here, I had everything I needed and I was ready to go. I'm not really nervous at all, I'm just excited and ready to learn even more, Although I feel like I know everything about cosmetology already. I'm ready to get my certifications and get out of there.

I stopped by Starbucks grabbing me some breakfast and a coffee to go along with it. I'm definitely going to need all of my energy today.

Class started at nine but I arrived thirty minutes earlier. I waited in the lobby along with a few other girls I met. Once everyone arrived we got a tour of the school and found out were our class was located.

We did a get to know me and an introduction to the class and vision board for our first project. That was fun, afterwards we took an hour lunch break, our instructor brought everyone lunch for our first day, I was so happy about eating that pizza.

Everyone I met so far seemed cool, it was a few I really connected with their energy matched mine and I loved it. We exchanged numbers, after we finished lunch, we got our own iPads, we each picked the color we wanted and our first hair kits that we would be using for the next few weeks.

"These are brand new?" I asked looking shocked at the instructor.

"Yes." She answered laughing at all of our reactions.

Oh y'all got money." My new friend Kelsey blurted out.

"And they do." Brooklyn added on tapping on the screen happily.

She was only nineteen, so I looked at her as a little sister.

We all laughed agreeing with her. Eventually we all got into the good parts of the class. We had to do pin-curls on our mannequins. I did mine perfectly to say that we were being timed for 20 minutes.

I grabbed my phone snapping a picture of it.

Our instructor Mrs. Wise called me out in front of the classroom for a free pedicure so I was glad about that. Kelsey did it, she really did s good job. Of course I picked the color white. At the end of the class we took a quick test to see what we already knew about cosmetology and esthetician stuff.

I made a 95 on mine, I was so happy. So far today was a good day. Once class was over, i was a little sad but I would be right back tomorrow. I checked my phone seeing it was now going on five p.m .

"So what'd y'all make on the quiz?" Kelsey asked holding the door for Brooklyn and i, As we walked out of the classroom.

"A 90." Brooklyn responded scrolling through her phone.

"Girl a 95 and you?" I asked.

"That's good, we all passed, I made a 93."

"Look at us passing quizzes on our first day." I smiled as I high five them.