Chapter 27

Shari

I woke up early this morning, Since i offered to watch Ada today

I woke up early this morning, Since i offered to watch Ada today. I knew her parents would be working, they dropped her off around six'o clock. When she arrived she was sleeping but then she woke up looking around. Once she spotted Dave when he woke up she was excited.

Honestly I was exhausted because, last night I kept jumping out of my sleep I had bad dreams about Diamond and Levi. I even called her to make sure she was ok but she told me she was fine.

I knew she wasn't being completely honest about something, but I'll get it out of her soon.

I stopped zoning out of my thoughts when I heard Ada laughing with David she was having the time of her life as he played with her.

"You sure we can't have one of these right now?" Dave asked still looking at Ada.

"I'm positive." I smiled yawning as Ada reached out for me again.

I placed her in my lap as we watched Gracie's corner, she's obsessed with it. I gave her a bottle and she was relaxed.

"Well I can't wait, I would like a boy."

"Me too, I bet he'll have your entire face."

"Yeah, my genes is strong."

I smiled rubbing through his beard. "Very, Want some breakfast?"

"You already know."

"Ok." I smiled picking up Ada but she whined.

"It's ok, I'll watch her while you cook."

"I think it's best if she comes with me." I responded nervously. For some reason I started panicking.

"She just chilling relax ma."

"I don't want her to be alone with you." I blurted out watching his facial expression, he literally paused frowning angrily at me, but before he could say anything I spoke again.

"I know I just wanna protect her, I apologize...it's nothing against you." I stated picking Ada up, and I grabbed her mini tablet set.

Honestly, i hated myself for doing that to him, he looked really hurt.

About ten minutes later he walked into the kitchen hugging me from behind me as I cooked eggs, pancakes with sausage and bacon and cheesy hash browns.

"I apologize...I just remembered what I went through when Mike and i was left alone...with him."

"I understand but I would never do anything like that, me personally I'll kill anybody bout my daughters, and nieces."