⚠️Acceptance 2⚠️

Depuis le début

"And your relationship with Jenna, when did that begin?" Dr Nesbit asks her, I look over at her and see her staring at her, her eyes fall to the floor and she takes in a sharp inhale.

"Uh, I..." She looks at me and I can tell she's beginning to struggle. I go to open my mouth but I hear Dr Nesbit butt in,

"We prefer for the patient to answer the question, please." Dr Nesbit informs me, I nod my head not looking at her but staring at Y/n. I notice tears begin to fall down her cheeks. Come on, my love, it's May 23rd. Say May 23rd, you've got this...

"I..." She clears her throat, wiping her tears, "I don't remember." She answers, quietly, looking away from me.

"You don't remember?" Dr Nesbit asks Y/n, Y/n nods her head and looks down, ashamed, her left foot swaying forward and her right swaying backwards, the two moving past one another as she doesn't look at her therapist. "Okay," She mumbles, quietly, "can you tell me the first thing you remember about your relationship?"

"I... remember our first date, I think." Y/n answers, glancing up. "We went to her favourite bookshop then on a drive to the Hollywood sign and we stopped on the side of the road, eating ice cream and listening to our favourite songs. I... I remember asking her to dance with me and she didn't want too at first but I convinced her."

"Convinced?"

"Yeah." She answers, glancing away before looking at her. "Yeah, she was overthinking and worried that someone might see her and ruin the date but I assured her that no one was going to see us due to the fact that we were halfway up a mountain and barely anyone was around." Y/n continues onto say, before looking at her worriedly. "I didn't... force her to do it. I said, 'If you don't want too, just say that and we'll go back in the car and move on'."

"Okay, but that can guilt-trip someone, Y/n." Dr Nesbit replies, sitting up and shifting in her seat. Sounding slightly angry.

"I found it endearing. She didn't pressure me or anything, plus, I wanted to do it. I just had doubts." I try to defend her,

"Miss Ortega, can I speak with you outside?" Dr Nesbit asks me, I sigh and stand up, she gets up and heads outside, I follow after her and glance back to see Y/n looking at the ground. I can tell she's re-thinking everything and it makes me feel so bad on how clueless she is. "Although I appreciate your assurance, it's best to hear Y/n's side of the story and only that side."

"Okay but the way you're acting is making her feel like shit and completely making her begin to question everything. That's not something a therapist should make their client feel." I answer in reply, earning a scoff as she looks at me disapprovingly.

"Have you had experience with therapists?"

"I've had experience with ones like you and let me tell you, they never lasted more than a session with me." I answer in reply, seeing her hum softly. She nods her head.

"Well," She begins, "I'm hoping that you can understand that I simply just want this to be between me and Y/n."

"Then why am I here?"

"Emotional support." She answers in reply, opening the door and staring me down, waiting for me to go inside. I sigh and walk over, sitting down beside her and I entangle our hands together. I move my arm around hers and rest my chin on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry, my love." I whisper softly, she looks over at me and sends me a smile that isn't real, she's forcing herself to do this and I hate that she's here. I want her home with me, I don't care what happens. I just... I want her and her only to be safe and with me. I don't trust her with anyone else.