𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 - 𝘈𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭

Emily's POV

My body ached and my eyes felt heavy. When I slowly fluttered them open I was faced with a bright light. Am I dead ?

"Em ...thank god you're awake" Jax suddenly hovered over me, he's an angel.

"Jax?" I croaked.

"You're fine you're at the hospital they got the bullet out and you're gonna be fine" he explained and I looked at him closely. His hair was all scruffy and his eyes were red and puffy looking.

He hadn't changed his clothes and my blood was still on his shirt ,just dried.

"Chloe?" I asked and his face flashed with anger. I had seen him angry plenty of times the angriest was when he was going after Mikhail but this. This wasn't just anger it was mixed with something else.

"She's been disposed of" was all he said and I nodded slightly. I didn't want to know the details as long as she was gone.

I still find it weird as fuck as to why she would shoot me anyway. I never did anything to her.

"She was obsessed" Jax spoke and he sat down beside me. It was as if he had read my mind.

"She saw you as a threat ever since I'd known her. I first met her when I moved away for them 3 years. I met Thomas and we went to my uncles many clubs after business. I met Chloe and thought she was hot so took her back and fucked her."

The thought of him being with anyone else got me angry and suddenly I was picturing it all. Her hands all over him and him kissing and touching her, pleasuring her.

"It wasn't like how it was with you. I simply got off with her and would tell her to leave. We would never share a bed and barely even conversation at the start." His hands ran over his face as if he was trying to hide his emotions from me.

Was he upset ? Angry with himself ?

"Jax tell me" I urged to know. To know what relationship he built with her but more importantly what happened in those 3 years.

He certainly came back a different man.

He came back spineless and emotionless. He still showed he cared but it was harder to see. Not like before.

"I was sent to do things em...things that are disgusting and vile"

"I was trained to kill and torture and not care about who the person behind my anger was. I killed family's and was responsible for a lot of fucked up shit. So when at the end of the day came and I went home she was there , waiting. So I would fuck her and listen to her bullshit while I drank away my guilt"

My eyes filled with tears as every word he spoke struck my heart. He hurt because as I was back home being controlled and imprisoned he was being sent to do things he didn't want to and he was swallowing all this guilt for years.

"I never cared for her em and I knew I never would. She had money and connections that is all. She shot at you because I refused to marry her , more than once. She knew you were the reason"

I took his hand holding it tight and he took his over to wipe his own tears that were falling down his face.

"When?...when did she know?" I asked and he hugged out a breath.

I needed him to explain, I needed to hear the words.

"When I left in those 3 years"

That's all I needed to hear.

I let go of his hand and dropped my head into my own hands. He had cared that way and still left he made me think I was going crazy. I used Charles to try and get over my feelings for Jax.