𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - 𝑃𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒

Emily's POV

I had been ignoring Jax the past two days. All preparation's for the ball I covered by myself and avoided seeing him in person. He had used me, I should of seen it coming.

Chloe webbs her name was. Declan spilled that when he left Italy he got with her for 3 years. Clearly they are still a thing yet he sleeps with me.

I never should of got myself involved with him the whole thing is messed up. I care about him I always have , I grew up with him for god sake.

I knew after this ball I would be forced to marry someone for an alliance for the mafia.

I was brought up in the mafia everything I've learnt or been through is because I am the only daughter of the Italian mafia. Jaxon doesn't want to be a mafia king he doesn't want any place in it he's told me before as for my brother he wants to follow in my fathers footsteps.

"Miss, your dress" the maid said holding up my dress. It was beautiful my father had it made just for the ball. It was a long silk white gown.

"Thank you" I say taking the dress and placing it on the bed.

I had to put on this dress, let down my hair, fix up my makeup and act as if everything is ok.

Jaxon's POV

I had barely seen em the last two days she must think I'm stupid she's trying to avoid me. Fuck knows why.

If it's over us getting close and now she's backing out it's too late for that. I can't stay away from her. All I could think about is her. The way she moans by my slightest touch of her breasts and how she's just as reckless as me and will let me fuck her anywhere.

My biggest problem had been My uncle after he called and went on screaming down the phone how my family would be disgusted in me if they knew how I was acting.

They want me to take over the Mafia but I've never cared for leadership. It offers me nothing.

I walk into the house and maids walk around placing vases of flowers on side tables and decorate the ball room with candles.

"Jaxon just the man I was looking for we have a problem" Dean said strolling over to me. I followed him down to his office and shut the door behind me when we got inside.

"what's up?" I ask.

"Dimitri that's what's up he's lost his shit" Dean spits frustration spread across his face.

"what do you mean I thought he backed out your deal and that was it" I snapped.

"not exactly he has debts of his own and believes using Emily as bait will get him what he wants" he explains and I tense at the idea.

"And what exactly are you going to do about that?2I ask as my patience is wearing thin.

"Nothing yet the ball is more important I will invite Dimitri here and arrange something untill then just keep a close eye on emily" he explains and shrugs his shoulders as if his daughters life isn't in danger at all.

"guests will arrive now Im sure you can start greeting them" he says.

I nod at him and walk out he knows I'm pissed why wouldn't I be. The mafia ball tonight and Dimitri on our backs along with the rest of the russian mafia.

I walk out and turn and look at the stairs and freeze in place. I see her.

she walks down the stairs so effortlessly beautiful her white dress making her glow like an angel and the candles in the room making her skin gleam.