𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 - 𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑡𝑒𝑐𝑡

Emily's POV

The sound of her nans voice on the phone as she asked if I had seen Clarissa replays in my head. I sit in the car With my head resting against the window as Jaxon drives us to God knows where. Declan is sitting in the back typing away on his laptop dealing with 'business' as usual.

I barely slept last night I went back to my room and cried myself to sleep. I kind of hoped Jaxon would come and comfort me or be there but I get it. I just need something. I feel pain no happiness, no joy, no excitement, nothing.

Jaxon pulls up into a garage and he reaches for the money in the glove box. He has barely spoken to me and he doesn't even look in my direction.

"Declan you want anything?" he asks.

"I will have a coffee" he replies and then he looks over at me.

"em?"

"I'm fine" I say and he nods.

I watch him walk off into the garage and the annoying sound of declan typing away gets louder and louder.

"Can you stop?!"I snap.

"What's your problem!" He snaps back and I turn to face him.

"My problem?"

"Yes your problem your acting like a hurt little bitch your friend died I get it but people die Emily get over it!" He snaps and I look at him in shock. I don't say anything ,I can't. I Just turn around facing the window again. Tears fall down my face and I hear the door open and Jaxon gets in.

Am I supposed to be acting as if everything is ok?

"Here is your coffee we are about an hour away from a bnb so I thought we could stay there" Jaxon suggests.

"Thanks and Yes I've got loads of work to do probably a good idea we stop soon" Declan replies and his phone rings and he answers it.

I turn even more So Jaxon can't see me crying and I close my eyes. I was drained ,the past couple of days have been hell .I feel myself relax and I fall asleep.

"Em"

"em...wake up" A voice says softly as and I feel someone nudging my arm gently.

I opened my eyes and I'm snuggled up against the window with Jaxon's suit Jacket over me .I slept so peacefully its dark outside now we must be at the bnb.

"Where are we?" I ask.

"We are at the bnb Declan checked himself into a room your dad has got him doing loads of work he suggested I get us a room to share" He says and looks down, not wanting to make eye contact. Is us sharing a room a problem for him?

"Oh ok" I say and pass him his suit jacket back.

"I took all the bags up there already" he tells me and I take my seatbelt off and get out the car. He is acting distant and that is the last thing I want right now.

My phone rings and I look down at it to see Charles's number.How does he even have my number?

𝗣𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹:

EMILY: Charles?

CHARLES: Hey, I thought I would call and see how my fiance was , I heard about Mikhail.

EMILY: Oh... yeah Im fine we are on the way to paris.

CHARLES: Yes your dad filled be in just be careful mikhail is probably tracking your every move.

EMILY: of course he is

CHARLES: Hopefully when your back we can finally get married

EMILY: Charles listen I-