𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 - 𝑁𝑜𝑡 𝑡𝑜𝑑𝑎𝑦

Emily's POV

The cool water ran down my back like a comforting memory. The time Jaxon had comforted me after Clarissa was killed. Another memory of us destroyed by grief and sadness of someone I loved being killed.

I couldn't sleep yet again. I had left Jaxon fast asleep in bed while I sat on the bathroom floor before getting into the shower.

He had just held me last night, nothing else. He had caught me crying after I had gone upstairs and I just said how everything with my dad had really got to me but it couldn't be any further from the truth.

It was all the pain and misery from these past years which had built up. I never had a purpose. I was just a chess piece in a very sick version of chess. All the pain and guilt I've brought people.

Clarissa is dead. Her nan is dead. Them children are dead. All of that is because of me.

I haven't told Jaxon about Clarissa's nan or the children because then he will see me for the monster I am.

And Jaxon is the only thing I'm holding onto right now.

I turn off the shower and rinse my hair before taking a towel and wrapping it around me. Once I'm out I take a deep breath before I open the bathroom door and walk into the bedroom.

The bed is empty which surprises me but then Jaxon walks in with a coffee in his hand, shirtless.

"Hey I was looking for you" he says walking over to me , placing his coffee on the dresser.

"I was in the shower" I tell him and he wraps his arms around me, tightly.

I smile as I rest my head against his chest.

"So I thought I could take you around Paris, my mum would of killed me If she knew I bring you here and not take you around at least once" He laughs and I pull away to look up at him smiling.

"Well where did you have in my mind exactly?" I ask.

"It's a surprise" He says and the doorbell goes of downstairs and he grins at me.

"That's for you by the way" he adds before walking over to the closet. I tighten the towel around me and walk off, downstairs.

What?

"Emily you got a parcel here!" Thomas shouts up and I walk downstairs to see a huge box on the table.

I go over to it and see it's labelled 'Emily Russo'. I lift the lid and I'm met with the most beautiful dress I've ever seen. This silk silver dress. I reach for it , pulling it out to see all of it.

(This is the closest photo I could get to what the dress looks like maybe a bit shorter)

"I didn't think it would get here on time" A voice speaks out and I turn to see Jaxon on the stairs.