Epolouge: a talk from the best of us.

Gwen: Hff...

Gwen was in a serious slump ever since the incident with Feedback, and others were starting to.

notice it.

Natalie: Look, Gwen, are you ok?

Gwen: I'm...fine.

Natalie: It's still affecting you is it?

Gwen: Yes. Yes, it is...

Natalie picks up a dish and begins to wash it.

Natalie: It's all been a bit noisy, Ben has magic powers, or does he... Max is getting up more

despite his age. Oh, it's all hard to swallow. I understand losing it was hard, but it was another

alien, heck, an alien with the same powers as others.

Gwen had a look of frustration on her face. Her mom was of course not going to understand it, why would she...

Gwen: It? IT?

Natalie: Gwen?

Gwen: I-I'm fine...Mom. Really.

Natalie: Gwen, if you want to tal-

Gwen: I'm fine. I don't think you'd get it...

Natalie: Are you sure?

Gwen: I'm going to go upstairs.

Natalie: All right.

Gwen stood up and walked away. She walked up to her bed and slumped down in it. She looked.

around it.

Gwen: Uhh...I can't believe I...

She sits up on her bed.

Gwen looks at the Omnitrix and presses a button to turn it on, before beginning to cycle through the aliens she had. From Heatblast to Wildvine to all the others.

Gwen: Come on...this was all a dream, right? Yeh, all just a dream...

Ditto appears in a silhouetted display, she turns the Omnitrix's dial, then Ball Weevil, and then back to Heatblast.

Gwen: Rrrrr.

Gwen throws her head back onto the blanket, maddened and frustrated.

A blue light appears in Gwen's room, and Gwen already knows what this is...

Gwen: Paradox...Paradox.

Gwen lets out a hefty sigh at his arrival, as he steps through the light and arrives.

Paradox: Hello, Gwendolyn.

Gwen: G-Gwendolyn?

Paradox: Oh, my mistake. Thought I grew out of that mistake, or did I grow into it now?

Gwen: Hey Paradox, could you come back in a few days with whatever you need from me.

You're a time traveller, you can appear here or there or wherever you want. Just check in a bit...

Paradox: Not without risking time, constantly doing that isn't healthy for your branch, especially considering later adventures. But never mind that, I don't need you now, Gwendolyn.

Gwen looks up at him, curiously.

Paradox: I have seen your past...Feedback, you grew obsessed with him, umm her. And thus, upon losing her, you've thrust yourself into a depression.

Gwen: Depression is putting it lightly. And I didn't obsess over her, I just grew to like her. She

was a part of me, you wouldn't understand.