Episode 6 - game over

While resting in an empty parking lot, Gwen was looking out of the window, looking out at the rain and listening to the thunder. As she did so, she also saw something in the glimpse of ben's game, and she was interested.

Gwen: want to let me play?

Ben: Nah, I got this.

Gwen: scared of being shown up by a girl?

Ben: no offence Gwen, but an action game where you play as sumo slammers don't sound like your kind of game.

Gwen: Is that so, hand me the controller and prove me wrong.

Ben smirked as he handed Gwen the other controller and we cut to a few minutes later when they're on their final lives, facing up against the world's boss.

Ben: I've never made it this far.

Gwen: seriously, don't you play this game, like, every day?

Ben: I don't have a memory card for this thing. It is expensive.

With only a little bit of health left, the sumo robot suddenly regains all of its health.

Gwen: oh, come on. Now, what are we meant to do?

Ben: we could always cheat.

Gwen: know any cheat codes?

Ben: just the one I used two levels ago, but you can only use it once every 3 hours. But you have the best cheat code on your wrist.

Gwen looked down at the Omnitrix.

Gwen: no way, I'm not using an upgrade to win a stupid game.

Ben: fine, we'll just have to start over from the beginning. Again.

His eyes looked down, avoiding eye contact.

She sighed and activated the Omnitrix, slamming down on it changing into an upgrade.

Gwen: you owe me for this one.

She jumped into the game console, upgrading it into some kind of mechanical spider ben then watched as their health was refilled, although they were still missing their lives.

Ben: can't you give us back our lives?

Gwen: after we defeat this sumo robot guy.

Ben: fine.

He picked up the upgraded covered controller and he started playing, with grandpa max sleeping not too far away. However, as they continued to play, the rustbucket was hit by purple lightning and they were in a pink flash the duo were gone. After a moment of being reconstructed as game code, they find themselves inside of the game. After looking around for a moment they realised they were still in the boss fight. Ben dodged out of the way of the massive attack and Gwen merged with the robot, taking it down instantly.

Ben: how did you do that?

Gwen: it's like I can see the game's code.

Ben: so, we're in the game? THIS IS AWESOME!

Gwen: no, it's not. I'm...

She times out and looks down at the Omnitrix, now having a physical timer on it as the hourglass was slowly turning from red to pink.

Gwen: well, this is different.

She turned diel and found that it immediately jumped to life, but none of the icons was available.

Gwen: and I'm missing all of my aliens.

Ben: so, we need to find them?

Gwen: I guess so.