"Melina." A call from my brother made me look at him. His face softened. "What are you worried about? We all die eventually too. And you are a strong girl. It doesn't matter whether you or we can meet each other or not. The most important thing is that you know that we will keep cheering you on and wishing you all the best from here."

He took a deep breath. "Even though it's hard not being able to meet and disturb my beloved little sister who is fierce like a lion, but whether we want it or not, in the end we have to accept reality. Accept fate and just live with it. Who knows what will happen next. It might be a little hard to live through it. But remember, we will always be there by your side to strengthen you even though you can't feel it nor see us." He smiled reassuringly.

I stared at him for a moment, slightly touched. "I can't tell whether you mock me or comforting me. You really suck with words. Your words really lame." I say without pity.

Mom and dad laughed while my brother clamped my neck with his arm. "Hey I tried to calm you down and this is the payback? What an ungrateful little sister. You embarrassed me with my own words." He said embarrassedly, making me chuckle.

He loosened his arm and embraced me. Leaning my head on his shoulder. "Stop being a whiny 5 year old girl and face reality. Now wake up, he is waiting for you." He closed my eyes, making me a little confused.

I was about to ask, but my body felt like it was pulled and suddenly felt a little heavy. I opened my eyes slowly and saw a bunch of leaves shining brightly like stars scattered in the dark sky at this time.

At that time I realized.

Ah... turns out it really was a dream...

"Finally you're awake." A distinctive voice makes me look to my left.

Right in front of me were golden eyes that glowed in the darkness staring at me. Instantly my consciousness returned and I realized that I was leaning on a tree and Alastor's shoulder.

I was about to stand up but Alastor pulled my head to stay still.

He glared at me. "Stay still. You surprised me half to death earlier."

I froze, seeing Alastor's angry expression combined with his two horns and fangs, makes him look scary.

Even so, I mustered up the courage to speak up when I realized something.

"The fruit... let me take the fruit first..." I said in a small voice.

"Don't worry, you've done it."

I furrowed my brow and looked at him in surprise. "What do you mean?"

He was holding a glass jar containing the fruit I was looking for.

"How could that be..?"

Was it possible that Alastor was crying? No, there's no reason for him to cry. Then, how? Is it me? It's impossible for me to cry.

As if reading my mind, Alastor spoke. "You cried when you passed out."

...am I really the one who's crying?

"While you fainted I brought you to lean under a tree and try to think of a way to pick this fruit. But suddenly you started crying, and some of the fruit fell when your tears hit the roots. Instantly I remembered your words."

He looked at me intently. "My question is how did you know how to get the fruit by giving it tears?"

I flustered, trying to come up with a plausible excuse. "Uh.. because I read about it in a book?" My statement sounded more like a question, making me facepalm inside my head.

Alastor looked at me in disbelief then stood up. He put the jar in his waist bag then held out his hand, trying to help me up. "Come on, I'll take you back."

I took his hand and he said, "You suck at lying."

Ok, I feel offended just so you know.

"But I won't ask any more." After he said that, he picked me up and flapped his wings. I reflexively put my arms around his neck.

The walk- or rather the flight- to the mansion was eerily silent. Neither I nor Alastor exchanged a word.

Alastor landed on the balcony of my room and slowly lowered me down. He handed me a glass jar filled with chronos tree flowers. The flowers are yellow and shine like a slightly dim sun. "Think of it as a souvenir. I'll keep this fruit until the other ingredients are collected."

He was about to fly away but looked back at me. "Just wanted to remind you that you don't have to feel you owe me anything about this."

He continued with his innocent but scary smile. "But you owe me something because you seem to have hidden something very important, which is about this fruit." Then he flew away.

...should I run away?

My thoughts were interrupted when a maid came to my room, preparing me to have dinner with the others.