"We all thought he would end up marrying his pan, but Sage happened," his father added, making everyone laugh. a forced smile plastered to his face. He averted his eyes and glared at me. That glare was screaming that he would settle this, but I just brushed it off. After dinner, everyone decided to have coffee in the garden. Because mom and dad were leaving tomorrow, they wanted to spend some time with them. I wanted to spend some time with them. I don't know now when I will get to see them again. I had already started to miss them even though they were right in front of my eyes. I was talking with my mom when Izzy called. She pointed at the swing, and I followed her after a few seconds. 

"I didn't know there were swings here," I said in astonishment while taking the swing beside her. Well, I have not come to the garden that much to find them. 

"When I used to go to the park, there was always a very big queue in front of the swings, and our turn never came." I cried many times because of it. Xanthus one day went to our dad with his pocket money, which he was saving to buy an expensive knife set. He gave it to him, asking him to build a swing for me," she said with a big smile on her face while swinging a bit. 

"Dad obviously didn't take his pocket money. He built this for us. But that gesture warmed my heart. It's my favourite part of this house. It makes me remember that my brother was ready to let go of his dear knife set for my happiness," she said with a beaming smile on her face. I swung lightly while looking at him. A smile played on my lips. They had a very strong sibling bond. Of course they quarrel; that's what siblings do, but they also love each other. 

"You adore him," I asked while swinging lightly. 

"Very much. You know my brother has had difficulty expressing his emotions since childhood. He doesn't know how to calm down a crying person, so instead of leaving them on their own, he will sit beside you and let you sob on his shoulder when you are inside eating. It's a bit hard for some to understand his ways of loving, but when he loves, he loves hard without any expectations," she said while looking at me with a knowing look on her face. A smile faded from the corner of my lips. 

"I know the circumstances under which he made you sign the marriage papers. Even if he tells you he married you out of revenge, he did it out of love. He was not ready to let you go because he loves you madly," she said in a serious voice while looking at me. My heart ached when a certain memory surfaced in front of my eyes. 

"If he loved me that much, then he would not have gone out and slept with other women as soon as he discovered my disguise," I said with a faint, bitter smile on my face. That day still haunts me today. I stopped swinging. 

"I know I was wrong, but the steps he took wounded me. Seeing the person you love so much sharing a bed with another woman breaks something in you," I said, looking at my heels as if they were the most interesting thing in this world. My throat was clogged with the emotions I have been restricting myself from showing. Talking about that day felt like I was scratching my wound, making it bleed again. I don't know what I would have done if Erick had not come to pick me up. 

"What are you saying? He slept with another woman on that day," Izzy asked me in her shocked, confused voice. I nodded my head, still looking down at the muddy ground where my heels were unknowingly making circles. Tears blur my vision.