Chapter 34

Chapter Thirty-Four

    Knowing that the eldest princess was coming, the abbot of Ci'en Temple personally greeted him. After worshiping the Bodhisattva in the front hall, he led the eldest princess and his party to the Buddhist hall behind. , filled with kerosene, is slowly burning, the wick is bright, and there is a unique smell of kerosene in the air, making people feel heavy for no reason.

    A young monk was chanting scriptures, and the sound of the wooden fish gradually resounded in the Buddhist hall. The abbot led the eldest princess to one of the candlesticks, and said, "Oil was added two days ago. You don't need to add oil today." The eldest

    princess Nodding her head, she looked at the candlestick, a little orange flame was dancing lightly, not very bright, as if a gust of wind might blow it out, but it kept burning quietly and stubbornly.

    "This is the ever-burning lantern."

    Probably sensing Li Zhizhi's gaze, the eldest princess turned her head, smiled at her, and said, "After Qiang'er left, I lit the ever-burning lantern for her in the Ci'en Temple. Come and have a look and pray for her, it has been ten years now."

    Li Zhizhi was stunned for a moment, and she immediately remembered the rumor that the eldest princess once had a daughter, but she died early, and it turned out that her name was Qiang'er. .

    She looked at the small lamp, the wick was like a bean, and the fire was faint, but it lasted for a long time, because every month a person would come up the mountain to add oil to it, offer incense and pray for blessings, and it had lasted for so many years.

    For a moment, Li Zhizhi couldn't tell what it was like, whether it was envy or sadness, it turned out that there would be such a good mother in the world.

    It's just her bad luck, not everyone is as miserable as that woman.

    Thinking of this, Li Zhizhi felt more and more sad in her heart. Standing here, she even felt inexplicably ashamed, as if something was pressing her heavily, making her breathless.

    How dare she make such a wish before?

    "Why are you crying?"

    The slightly surprised voice of the eldest princess brought Li Zhizhi back to her senses. Only then did she realize that her vision was a little blurred. She blinked and hurriedly reached out to wipe it vigorously, but she didn't know how to explain it. It has something to do with her, but she stands here and starts crying. In the eyes of others, this is too hypocritical.

    Li Zhizhi didn't want the eldest princess to feel the same way, so he could only lie in a low voice: "I'm sorry, I just suddenly remembered my dead mother, and I made His Highness laugh at you." After hearing this, the abbot of the Temple of Grace at the side recited a Buddhist name and said

    gently "My condolences to the benefactor. If you have the heart, you can also light an ever-burning lantern in our temple for the Lord Lingtang, and pray for blessings every day." Not to mention that Mrs. Li is not dead yet, even if she is dead

    , Li Zhizhi will never light it for her. It would be nice not to be a villain and prick her with a needle, but the host's proposal was also kind, and Li Zhizhi refused for a while.

    While she was racking her brains, the eldest princess suddenly said: "I haven't seen A Yang for so long, and I don't know where she went."

    Li Zhizhi got off the donkey and said hurriedly: "Let's go and see Go."

    The eldest princess readily agreed, and took her hand by the way, and the two of them left the Buddhist hall together, the pure sunlight came in from under the eaves, and it is the weather of early summer, the sun is not shining, but it falls on people instead It is warm, and the breeze blows by, bringing an unknown plant smell, which is very pleasant.