Chapter 33

Chapter Thirty-Three

    In the teahouse, the little lady holding the pipa changed a tune, which was not a popular tune in the capital, but a bit of Wu Nong's soft language from Jiangnan, soft and soft, with a special charm.

    Pei Yanchuan looked at the teacup on the table, let out a hey, and said, "For this cup of tea, it's not cost-effective to have my mother beat me up.

    " Hit it," Xiao Yan casually picked up the teapot and poured tea for him, and said slowly, "Then Hou Ye is going to give me a book tomorrow?" "It's

    nothing to join me," Xiao Yan looked at Pei Yanchuan with a smile, and said: " I'm afraid you're going to suffer."

    Hearing this, Pei Yanchuan shrank his neck and didn't dare to think about it any further. He drank tea and started eating sunflower seeds again, looking out the window at the spring scenery along the river. , couldn't help sighing, and said with emotion: "Obviously you are the crown prince, the prince of a country, why are you more leisurely than me? You eat wine, drink tea and listen to ditties all day long." He said, and glanced at Xiao Xiao again

    . The sandalwood Buddha beads on Yan's wrist looked a bit puzzled: "Still recite Buddhist scriptures?"

    Xiao Yan suddenly smiled, and asked back: "Aren't you also an idler?

    " He smiled and said: "I have an older brother who was born as the number one scholar in martial arts examinations. He made great achievements last year and has a bright future. In the future, after a hundred years from my father, he will inherit the position of Marquis. There is no need for me to work hard." Xiao Yan also said with a

    smile : "Today's son is in his prime of life, and he will be prosperous for thousands of years. It will not be a problem to guard the country for another fifty years. Maybe my son will die before him. If you don't hurry up and enjoy the blessings now, what are you waiting for?" Hearing this, Pei Yanchuan was shocked     . He was about to fall, he only knew that he didn't want to make progress, but he didn't expect His Royal Highness to be even more powerful, he swallowed a mouthful of saliva, and said: "Does the emperor know your thoughts?" Xiao Yan smiled but not smiled     : "What do you say?"

    I don't know if it's an illusion, but Pei Yanchuan felt a bit of meaning from that look, and when he thought of what Xiao Yan said just now, he felt his lips and tongue were dry, and he quickly poured a cup of tea down, but a flash of Countless guesses and ideas, as well as those rumors that have gone unnoticed, are extremely complicated.

    For example, Xiao Yan, as the fifth son of the emperor, was neither the heir nor the eldest son, yet he was chosen to be the crown prince. Why? That is of course because the previous ones are no longer there. Today's emperor had two crown princes, Xiao Yan was the third, and the first two died. Zibei Imperial Mausoleum, I will not return to Beijing in this life.

    Emperor Jingming had five sons in total, and now there are only two left, Prince Ning and Crown Prince Xiao Yan. Pei Yanchuan once heard a vague saying that when he wanted to establish a new crown prince, the ministers all suggested that the elder King Ning be appointed. However, Emperor Jingming insisted on going his own way and insisted on appointing his fifteen-year-old youngest son, Xiao Yan. As for the reason, he just wanted to delay the prince's contact with political affairs.

    Of course, this is just a private rumor and cannot be confirmed, but now that Xiao Yan is about to become crowned, he still has not participated in political affairs, and has nothing to do all day long. Emperor Jingming also turned a blind eye and never asked questions. It seems to be happy to see it happen, it is simply unimaginable.