Mistake 2 and 3

Yoongi eyes following the guy in the grey hoodie, his face being covered by the hood.

5 minutes. 5 whole minutes that guy stood in front of the same spot to stare at the different ramen only to shake his head and pick seaweed soup.

Going to the counter and Yoongi giving his usual greeting before scanning the product and receiving the money.

The guy didn't say one word, just grabbed what he bought and walked towards the section with the tables to sit down.

That guys mood for sure was depressing and a bit frustrating.
He wasn't too sure why but the more he watched that guy sit on the table in front of the window, he somehow started feeling bad for him.

Seaweed soup. Usually that was eaten on one's birthday, and here this guy sat at 2am and stared at the small box of soup he just bought completely alone.

Yoongi looked away for two minutes only to hear a bang, looking towards the table to see that the guy just let his head drop down on the table as if completely having given up.

That was the point where Yoongi decided to perhaps say something.

"Excuse me.." The cat boy spoke, seeing the grey hoodie slowly lift up and the other male now staring at him.

"Is it your birthday?"

Only a small nod and a small sigh as response.

"Congratulations."

Another small hum and Yoongi slowly again left the male alone who now finally started to actually open the small box of seaweed soup and put water in it.

Why even was Yoongi so nice to a stranger?
Perhaps because he never got a nice birthday himself and therefore could understand this guys emotions?
Probably.

How painful for his already nearly empty wallet.
But in his eyes this was the best try to somehow cheer someone depressed and sad up.

A single cheap slice of cake and a single, nearly alone looking blue small candle on top of it.

Carefully lighting up the candle, and making his way to the table to put it down in front of the small box of seaweed soup.

"I- This is free. Happy birthday."

With that he quickly walked back behind the counter.
It felt awkward, but once he looked back towards the table he did feel like he did the right thing.

He could clearly see a small smile on that guy's lips, his mood having completely changed.
No more depressing and sad look on his face, instead a soft smile on his lips.

It definitely made Yoongis day as well.
Smiling to himself as he watched that guy a bit more, before he stopped to not come off as weird.

His phone definitely was a good distraction.
For minutes he just stared down at it, until he could see in the corner of his eyes that someone stood in front of the counter, quickly putting his phone to the side to stand up and be greeted by the face of the birthday kid.

"Oh.. Can I help you somehow?"

"No.. No I'm good. Thank you for the cake."

"No problem."

A short awkward silence, Yoongi looking a bit lost around as if not sure what to do now after that guy just kept staring at him.

The sound of a phone ringing finally ended their awkward silence, the guy making his way out of the store and waving a bit at Yoongi as if to say goodbye.

That definitely was a wholesome encounter apart from the awkward moment at the end.

The shift was pretty peaceful after that.
A few single people who bought stuff, eventually going home to sleep and then pretty soon go grocery shopping.

Just as peaceful as ever.

Another day after that and another shift, this time until 11pm.

Not such a bad time.
Yoongi definitely had a peaceful shift apart from some teenagers who tried to fool him with a fake ID.

His usual way home, two blocks home.
Passing by some streets and most people going home a bit tipsy around this time or going home from work as well.

A loud yell got Yoongis attention though.

Looking to his left and Yoongi saw some guys on the other side of the street.

One pushing a guy who kept chuckling against a wall and yelling at him pretty pissed.

Didn't look too good.
Was that guy drunk?
His flushed face definitely gave that look.

Yoongi didn't wanna get in a fight though.
So he kept going-at least a few steps until his mind told him it was wrong to just keep walking and not somehow resolve the issue.

A painful groan and the drunk guy was on the ground rubbing his leg, a yell, some cuss words and about to receive another kick when the cat boy stepped in and blocked it to move in front of that drunk guy.

"Huh!? Who the fuck are you kid now!? Get the fuck out of my view!"

"I'm very sorry if he caused any trouble I.. Eh.. He's drunk. He doesn't know what he's doing."

"He doesn't know what he's doing? You're fucking kidding me? He-"

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, but violence doesn't seem like the right option right now. Does he look really capable of thinking for you right now?" Yoongi then pointed out, looking back at the guy who had started talking to an image on the wall besides him.

"Ugh.. Fucking hell, lucky that your small chihuahua protected you asshole!"

That was all the guy said before finally walking off, Yoongi now letting out a relieved sigh that he actually managed to not get in a fight with this.

"..Can you find home on your own?" Yoongi asked, leaning a bit down and helping the guy up.

So there they started stumbling around, the guy pointing in different directions and Yoongi simply helping until they arrived at a apartment complex and the guy pushed a button, a voice answering and Taehyung only humming before the voice that answered seemed to already understand.

"Okay.. Take care. Oh careful" Yoongi said as he let the guy go, making sure that he didn't fall on the stairs.

And with that Yoongi again walked off.

He had to admit he had been doing a lot of nice things lately.
He really felt good.