Cursed Bus: Enter Mars, The Guardian of Fire

Начните с самого начала

I added quietly, "So this is a shrine maiden! I wouldn't mind doing that part-time!"

Cecilia, Luna, and Naru looked at me like I was crazy and I simply laughed at their faces. Suddenly, Rei froze up and her glare became darker, "I sense an evil aura! Is it a spirit?! Trying to make trouble at our shrine, huh? Forget it! I won't let you! Evil spirit...Be exorcized!"

I screamed in fright as Rei slammed an ofuda on my forehead. I fell back, managing to put my hand behind my head before it slammed into the ground. Naru gasped, "Usagi!"

Rei winced, rubbing the back of her head, "This isn't how it was supposed to turn out."

Cecilia and Naru helped me off the ground, Luna watching me with worry, as we followed Rei and her grandpa to a room inside the shrine. They helped me lay down before the door opened, revealing a blonde male, "Miss Rei, I brought some hand towels and water..."

Rei nodded, "Thanks, leave them there."

The male placed the tray down and I tilted my head, staring at the man. I glanced over at Luna, who looked at me as well. I nodded to her and she nodded back, that man looked familiar to us both but we had no idea who he was. The door was closed as Naru whispered, "What a hunk! Is that guy your older brother?"

I looked at Rei as she replied, "What? No, he's not. It's all Grandpa's fault...He's so overly friendly with everyone. It doesn't matter who visits the shrine. That guy was just another customer, but Grandpa hired him as a live-in shrine worker."

I snorted with a smile, "Your grandpa seems interesting..."

Rei finally turned to look at me, "Usagi, is your name, right? I'm sorry about what happened."

I waved away her apology, "It's no big deal...unless there's something else going on?"

Rei sighed, "Things have been weird lately... For one, my sixth sense and prophesies used to be spot on, but not anymore..."

Before anyone could say anything, the door was slammed open and there was a woman, glare sharp on her face, "You there! Who's in charge here?!"

Rei looked at the woman, "What is this about?"

The woman stepped into the room, shouting, "My daughter hasn't come home since she left to buy one of your amulets! I've been told that the head priest always does a special prayer at 5:30 pm! Is that to make sure everyone's on the 6:00 pm bus?!"

Rei scoffed, "Stop making wild accusations! The 5:30 pm prayers have been going no for a long time! And the police have already questioned us about the missing bus! Why don't you go talk to them instead?!" Rei stood up, stepping closer to the woman and getting in her face, "Grandpa has nothing to do with this! Get out!"

The woman gasped and stepped back, stuttering, "What nerve! How rude!"

Rei rolled her eyes, "You're the rude one! Now get out!"

The lady left before we all left the room as well, Luna pulling me away from the girls to talk to me privately. I bent down to Luna's level as she whispered, "Usagi, something strange is going on. Our enemy is involved, I can feel it. Call Ami. We need to have a strategy meeting."

I nodded before sighing, "Okay, I will. Even though she's busy, a lot of people are missing."

Luna nodded, "Right. Tell her to get here quickly."

I called Ami and relayed the message to her and she told me she was on her way. Once Ami got here, we headed to Sendai-Zaka, looking around the area. I turned around, pointing, "Look! So many people!"

Luna agreed, as she and Ami turned around, "There sure are."

Ami gasped softly, "And they all have amulets from Hikawa Shrine..."