Becoming a Star is Hard Work

Comenzar desde el principio

I frowned, "Naru, I'm sorry, it was an accident. You don't have to be so mean."

Naru scoffed with an eyeroll, "Yeah, right. You always blame others!"

I crossed my arms, still frowning, "Naru, I said sorry! What more do you want from me?"

Naru shook her head, glaring at me, "Fine, if that's how you want to be, we'll try to become Cinderella on our own."

Naru stormed out my room, slamming the door behind her. I sighed in sadness, looking down at the ground, wondering what just happened.

__TIME SKIP__

Naru, Yumiko, Kelly, and I were standing in the hallway at school as Yumiko spoke, "Hey, have you guys heard about this Cinderella Caravan contest?"

I shook my head, "No, what's that?"

Naru chuckled with a fake smile, "You sure are behind the times."

I huffed and looked away from Naru as Kelly explained, "Anyway, it's a talent search hoping to find the next Mikan Shiratori."

Yumiko nodded with a smile, "Yeah, and Mikan has already given it her full support, so you know it's the real deal!"

I nodded with a smile and Naru turned to glare at me, "What are you smiling for? I'm the one who's gonna win the contest!" Umino walked past us and Naru turned to look at him with a smile, "Isn't that right, Umino?"

Umino stopped walking before turning to us with a smile, "That's right, Naru!"

I frowned and tilted my head at the strange way that Umino was acting as Naru walked over to him, hissing something underneath her breath. Umino simply walked away from Naru, stating, "Practice makes perfect."

----------------------------------

I was walking down the street with Luna walking beside me. I looked down at Luna, "Today's the day! Let's go give Naru our support!"

Luna asked me, "Why didn't you sign up for the contest?"

I tilted my head as I thought about it before shrugging, "It was something Naru wanted us to do. I wasn't all that interested in becoming a star. Besides, I'm already a star, a heroic star."

Luna rolled her eyes, and I gave her a cheeky smile before we continued walking to the contest. However, mean guy was standing in the way and he spoke, "Hey."

I huffed and stopped a few feet away from him. He smirked and walked over to me, "If it isn't Miss Bun-Head. Don't tell me you're going to that Cinderella contest too."

I rolled my eyes, not replying and he chuckled, still smirking, "I'll bet you'll try to impress them with comedy."

I scoffed, crossing my arms as I replied, "As if, I'd never do that. I'm going to support my friend. Just stop bothering me, jerk!"

I turned around with a huff and started walking away from him. However, I glanced back over my shoulder to see him staring at me with a small smile. I blushed lightly before turning back around and headed home, knowing that I probably missed Naru's performance.

__TIME SKIP__

I opened the door to the classroom and saw that it was blocked by a stack of desks. I tilted my head in confusion before heading towards the other door, opening it to see Yumiko and Kelly standing on the platform. They were telling jokes to the other students, and I stopped Naru sitting at the only desk out, so I made my way over to her. I smiled, standing behind her, "Good morning, Naru."

She ignored as she signed her autograph and added it to a pile beside her. Umino called out, "Okay, everyone, did you all get your streamers? Oh, Usagi."