|| 𝐓𝐄𝐍 ||

Start from the beginning

"Forget how to hug, hm?" he asks playfully.

She only fake smiled at him before slapping his face hard, causing all the vampires to gasp and Klaus to smirks looking down.

"Rosie?" he asks holding onto his cheek "what the hell!"

She only leans closer to his ear and whispered.

"Crescent curse" she whispered bitterly, even thought all the vampires could hear, she wanted it to be a little scary for him. Well...mission complete!

Hearing those words from her plump lips, caused his whole body to tense and his heart to ache.

She knows...

Was the only thing passing through his mind.

Does she hate him?

Probably, he thought to himself and gulps guilty while looking at her bright blue eyes, seeing nothing but pain and betrayal.

She deviated from him and walked to one of the ends of the table, where Klaus was waiting for her with a huge smile.

He pushed the chair away so that she could sit down and when she did, he took one of her hands, leaving an affectionate kiss, while looking into her eyes, seductively.

She glances at the vampires sat around the table and nod her head at them, causing them to nod back and smile slightly.

"Hello Diego" she says in a fake serious tone.

"Rosie" he nods his head at her.

They stare at each other for a few seconds, while the other vampire were holding their laughs and Klaus was more than confused. Seconds after they both started to laugh, along with the whole table.

"Long time no see gorgeous" he flirts a little with her and she winks at him. Looking behind her chair, he sees a very pissed Klaus glaring daggers at him, causing him to gulps and looks away.

Klaus calls for everyone's attention to give a speech by tapping his glass with his fork.

"Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift: immortality. After a thousand years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows do diminish with time. But, as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine" he says.

Klaus gestures toward a group of waiters and waitresses to have them join them at the table, one for each guest.

"Insatiable need, exquisite pain..."

The servants slit their wrists with knives, filling the cups with blood for the vampires, causing Rosalind to look down trying to ignore the nausea growing inside her.

"Our victories, and our defeats..."

He looks at Marcel.

"...To my city, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow..." Klaus says raising his glass to the toast.

"...and the party never end!" Marcel says raising his glass.

"To New Orleans" Diego raises his glass.

"To New Orleans!" Klaus repeats.